I would like buy the Drayek vigour 2850n or Drayek vigour 2850vn can I ask a few questions ?
I am just a learning networks and would like to ask for help please.
1. What is the difference between Drayek vigour 2850n or Drayek vigour 2850vn
2.On setup I will not have a internet connection so the following link
does this give a complete setup and can I download and print off so to follow the instruction?
3. I am a online gamer PC/ PS3 MW3 ..BF3 ... and need the best connection I can my line will receive,
at the moment I am on upto 20MB/s and always get between 15/16 MB/s wired and wireless.
First point is are you aware these are primarily VDSL modem routers although thay also have ADSL facilities? A 20 Mb/s connection is normally ADSL and there are cheaper routers in Draytek's range that will offer ADSL connections. These are only worth the extra if you plan to upgrade to FTTC at some point.
1) The 2850vn has two phone sockets to allow a VOIP service.
2) Those settings are for the BT Infinity VDSL set up on the 2750n. The 2850n also requires setting of the VLAN for Infinity the BT Retail VDSL service but the screens will be different.
3) The 2850 like most Draytek routers are not designed for the novice but they do offer a lot of configurable options like port forwarding, QOS etc etc which can improve connections but they lack wizards and easy set up guides that consumer kit comes with.
Thanks for the advice , I have Infinity switched on today , is there a guide on the internet where I can print?
Not a lot around. The Draytek.com site is a lot better than their UK agent's but you need to register for some stuff and access to the forums.