cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 18

Draytek Vigour 2850n : First Tests.

• Well was a **bleep** to set up unless you check the FAQ for the 2750n on the official site.
  • Did cause DLM to come online for 2-3 days initially as it was disconnecting frequently to start.
  • Ping back to nomal today (same as 2b modem)
  • Wireless range fantastic, 100 meters down garden, one of 5! SSID you can choose, and bandwith of each one (funky)
  • Wish interface was a tad more friendly (brackets for human meanings would be nice lol)

So far pleased with it, its quite warm though, but i think it should be ok , after all this last 2 weeks is our summer, itll rain for next 6 months now lol.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
JonP73
Contributor
Message 2 of 18

Re: Draytek Vigour 2850n : First Tests.

Glad it works 🙂

I had terrible issues with mine - initial setup, Vision, iPlayer, media streamer and the final straw after DrayTek support were unable to resolve the fact it wouldn't reboot without manual assiatance and then random disconnects (which wouldnt restart until i went through a right rigmorole) I ended up sending it back for a refund

Pitty as it appears a quality piece of kit and way more features than your standard user could ever have use for 😄

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 18

It does have a settling period it seems, seems to be fine now, i am using dlink 500mb powerlines x4 in house, with the only wifi items being iPhones / Laptops, seems to be happier now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------BT Infinity 2 | 80/20 | SamKnows™ Infinity 2 Member | (EASBF)

Stephen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 18

For £220 I'd expect the thing setup it's self up and do the housework.

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

Yup , got from dabs £192 , it does run well now , needs a three step guide included for customers and it's fine.

Each day ithe ping is dropping , started at 15 before using router , 32 when installed, after a week pings dropped to 9 .

Stephen
0 Ratings
MeanMint
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

and how is it getting on with the housework.Smiley LOL

http://meanmint.spaces.live.com/
0 Ratings
sohail579
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

mine is due monday from dabs also...  whats your internet usage like? you a heavy user?

when did you have infinity installed? i have had mine for a few months now so guessing DLM period is over

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

The DLM is always active on your line the 10 day period is only the time BT Openreach set before they will investigate issues it has no technical significance. If your line becomes unstable at anytime the DLM will vary the IP profile and level of interleaving to provide a stable service. You would not want it any other way. Occasional modem rests don't matter but too many will reduce your profile.

0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 18

@sohail579 wrote:

mine is due monday from dabs also...  whats your internet usage like? you a heavy user?

when did you have infinity installed? i have had mine for a few months now so guessing DLM period is over

Yes sometimes quite a heavy downloader, not always. I have had infinity since 30 July 11. In regards to DLM , post above will only come on if connection is bit tempremental.

Stephen
0 Ratings
stelee
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 18

@sohail579 wrote:

Even if your using 2850n, you should refer to the infinity guide here http://www.draytek.co.uk/support/kb/kb_vigor_v2750_setup.html to set up, the pics relate to the different sections in the router, once set up nicely, you will like the router, its just the initial setup, take some time setting up.

Stephen
0 Ratings