cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
snak3uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Dreaded stuck IP profile - 135 kbps

To cut a long story short - am on Total Broadband Option 3 - moved house and ever since have been getting intermittent sync speeds/IP profiles.

To cure this, a BT engineer came out today at 1pm and fitted a new master socket (being an old Victorian Terrace the house didn't have one). This has sorted out the stability and attenuation - I am now however stuck on 135kpbs IP profile

Before anyone asks, here are the statistics, and I have done all the usual swopping of filters, checking that there aren't 'high voltage' power lines etc - PLEASE could a nice friendly mod sort this out - have been talking to India who are useless as usual, claiming that 'they can't manually adjust IP profiles' and am waiting for the 6th phone call back

Alternatively, does anyone have a number where you can get through to England, not India? 😞 Robot Mad

ADSL line status

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time0 days, 1:24:41
Downstream5,952 Kbps
Upstream448 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.1
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)14.9 dB / 26.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)27.0 dB / 18.0 dB
Output power (Down/Up)19.8 dBm / 12.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)0
Loss of Signal (Local)0
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)672 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)0
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Dreaded stuck IP profile - 135 kbps

It can take a few days to change keep the router connected 24 7 and see how it goes

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings
snak3uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

I know how long it takes for IP profile to 'automatically' change - however this really isn't good enough - even before with noise and constant disconnects it never went down to 135.

Finally got a call back from someone in the UK - however got the standard '48 hours' holding/stalling reply - is it really that hard to reset a IP profile?

I'm paying £25 a month for this 'service' which is comfortably the worst broadband experience I've ever had (compared with Pipex/Tiscali/virgin m)
0 Ratings
hamish72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

I came to BT from Pipex 3 years ago and  have had Smiley Happy much better BB with no need to ever use the patently rubbish customer service

If any post helps tick the star box on the left
Just cause Im paranoid dont mean they are not out to get me

0 Ratings