Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 64

Re: Dropdown list to other email addresses has dissappeared

Go to solution

A far simpler solution for this problem is to use the right tool for the job in the first place, a proper mail client such as Thunderbird or Windows Live Mail instead of webmail. That way you can have as many accounts as you like all in one place, including other mail providers such as gmail etc all on the same interface. No adverts, no trackers and more secure.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 64

Go to solution

Thank you DavidM have just tried this and at the moment it works perfectly, fingers crossed it stays like this, very grateful.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 64

Go to solution

Spoke too soon, just gone back to inbox and drop down box gone again.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 54 of 64

Re: Missing drop-down menu for switching between accounts.

Go to solution

The same has happened to me - and, when I saw the number of people here having the same problem,  I assumed it would be sorted out.

But it's been more than a week, and I still can't switch between my email accounts, except by logging out and then trying to log in again from the BT.com page - only for it to tell me either I, or my profile or something else doesn't exist.

This is surely something that should be put right by now?  Inability to access my emails is quite a major issue.

Can someone tell me this is being dealt with? 

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 55 of 64

Go to solution

I have had this problem for past 2 weeks and driving me crazy. I have found a work- around but  inconvenient but may help those with the same problem.. As Follows: click on the Help button next to inbox and go to 'manage email addresses'. Click on the one you wish to view and than click on 'make favourite'  then click on 'go to email.' Voila you have the address which you have now made a Favourite and can view email.  You have to do this for each address. However on occasion viewing your inbox on the 'latest' favourite' you will get the drop down llist so can go to any of your accounts as it used to be. Be aware that you will have to do the whole procedure again to get whichever IS your favourite to automatically open the next time you switch on  PC/Laptop. Hopefully BT IS now aware and will do something urgently! I am not holding my breath though.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 56 of 64

Go to solution

Can't believe its nearly two weeks and this problem is still going on. I am still signing in through 'my BT', it is a bit of a pain and it is not letting me stay logged in as long using this method ( great that we can get to e.mails at all - thanks again to GPO man.) Come on BT,when is this going to fixed? Has anybody spoken to BT about this in the last week or so?

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 64

Go to solution

I've contacted BT twice regarding this issue and they kept claiming it was me not setting my favourite account etc and

patronisingly kept trying to talk me through setting it again and again until I lost my temper & hung up. Same excuse both times and that was a week ago!

0 Ratings
Message 58 of 64

Go to solution

LATEST ANSWER I'VE JUST HAD FROM BT

"We have stopped the feature due to some security reason, I would advise you to go to  http://www.bt.com/mybt and after you log in to your MyBT you can access your e-mails from there"

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 59 of 64

Go to solution

So is this the final answer (security issue and therefore use method described) to an issue raised by many BT Mail customers with regard to loss of drop down menu for email subaccounts ? If it is it would be helpful if moderators could put a notice on this website so that BT customers could be informed. Threads are still being generated on this topic.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 60 of 64

Go to solution

It is obviously not a universal problem. I still have the drop down facility on BTMail but having said that, I very rarely use webmail instead I use an email client which lets me access and send all my email accounts without having to log onto webmail.

0 Ratings