cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 64

Re: Sub Mail accounts menu.

Go to solution

Hi all, GPOman this works! great so pleased, hope it stays this way, I will hibernate my PC shortly and see what happens when I wake it. Thanks for posting this GPO man.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 64

Go to solution

Half way through reading emails in my sub accounts and ' your session has finished log in again' comes up on the screen so I logged in to My bt again and did the above again so it looks like that is just a temporary solution. At this point it is better than nothing.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 64

Go to solution

Same here after realizing there was an email stating I hadn't accessed the account and it was going to be cancelled.

Despite logging in to the sub account daily.

Three hours on chat, 5 agents and nothing, everything was scripted. They say the accounts are still there but its 'outage'.

However a possible fix is to sign in and change some prefrences. Guess what I'm locked out of the account and cannot use the reset code as the page only accepts 4 digits not 5.

Think i wait another eight weeks then cancel my broadband contract and go elsewhere unless the mods can come up with something.

Good luck guys and girls. PS anyone know how to remove email address from settings

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 64

Go to solution

Hooray! The drop down menu has now reappeared when I log onto my emails.

However when I log in to my BT account & click the email link I still get the message:

"Sorry. We've been unable to connect you to the mailbox you requested. Find out why here.

Click on Continue to see the list of mailboxes you manage or try logging in with a different username or password".

Anyone else having this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 64

Go to solution

Thanks, GPOman66,

I had this problem and tried the Online Chat yesterday. Was told it was an 'outage problem' and would be sorted by today.

So OK, it hasn't been so I've joined the Forum to see if anyone else has any ideas.

I've just tried your suggestion and, BINGO, my sub-account drop-down box is back!

I do hope it stays there, but many thanks for your help. I hope the other people with this problem find it works for them too.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 25 of 64

Go to solution

Well there is another issue I think.

If you log into "My BT" it works fine - it is https (secure) and if you go to "manage emails" at bottom of webpage you can see "Inbox" and a drop down box which allows you to see all of your emails.

However - if you login at the top of the webpage under "login" it comes up https - when you have entered your BT ID and password and then press the login button the page goes to "http" ie not secure even though it says "logout" at the top of the webpage (implying that you are currently logged in to your BT account) - unless I have misunderstood this seems to be a potential security issue needing urgent attention.

Who is responsible for testing the integrity of BT Webpages ? Indeed does anyone do any webpage monitoring and testing ??

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 64

Go to solution

Well things are just the same for me, the only way I can get at my sub emails is through 'my bt' as GPOman suggested, so I go through my emails quick as I can before any messages come up on screen telling me my session has ended. Lets hope that this problem is sorted today.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 27 of 64

Go to solution

Nice one GPOman - drop down back again!

Many thanks!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 28 of 64

Go to solution

Hi,

Just joined the forum to look for answers . The one from GPOman  works.  I wonder for how long though? .Just followed the instructions and bingo.  The ironic thing is that Bt themselves have removed the drop down box! I could not access mine a couple of days ago, so, on the mail page I went through settings to "mail" and then to "Disposable email addresses "  and there in red print is a message saying that there are to be no new disposable addresses due to some planned changes in the future. Following a link at the end of that statement gives instructions on how to access existing" disposable addresses" from a drop down "list" that will appear when in "compose" mode on the mail page.  Guesse what? This does not work either. Also made a phone call and spoke to an Agent who seemed totally lost and would call me back--- didn't happen . Tried a chat---- waited 30mins no joy. Tried a second chat yesterday they had no ideas but came up with  " There is an "email outage " engineers are working on it, wait 24/48 hours and all will be OK.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 29 of 64

Missing drop-down menu for switching between accounts.

Go to solution

Good Evening,

I've just joined this forum as none of the other help methods have been any help. BT's "agents" or "assistants" always seem to assume that the fault is with my computer or it's operator. They appear to read from a script and don't really listen to, or understand, the problem. After browsing the posts on the forum, it seems that others are having this problem too and someone has offered a fix. I had discovered this trick myself and it does work every time.....but only the first time you use the account.

Change your "favourite" address and hit "go to inbox" and the drop-down menu appears, and works, although only the main accounts show up. Logout and back in again and you're back to square 1 - no drop-down menu.

Maybe the mods on here can expedite this and get it fixed? I see from other posts that they have the matter in hand.

This wee menu has worked fine for years, so somebody at BT must have changed something - either deliberately, or accidentally. They need to address the fault and stop assuming that the problem is at our end.

I just thought I'd add my name to the list and give my feedback on the "fix".

In the meantime, I can still logon to all the seperate accounts individually, which is a pain but I seem to be better-off that some of you.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Dougie Henderson.

0 Ratings