cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

Dropping connection

Hi All, Yesterday my internet kept dropping, I take my hat off to the Openreach Eng who came today, 4 hours he spent here trying to fix the outside fault, It is now not dropping, but the speed has halfed from what it was, the weard thing? as others pointed out, getting half the speed? gives a faster internet? OK it is not Fibre speed but it works, too confirm? BBC Iplayer would buffer even at 20.89mb, im down to 10mb at times? and no buffering, it makes no sence to me? as it looks like too fast for the Lanark exchange, (01555) and their routers cannot cope! as they messed up the 01555 design they must have messed up with the switches and routers too! As a HND Computer Networking Tech, it bugs me, as all is kept quite! Slower being faster? that has to be the Routers fault? So the fault is bigger than we first thought? I put a question mark there, as I do NOT want to put my foot in things, everyone assisting has been ace, they are trying their heart out and not their fault! BT Wholesale MUST admit they messed up! for my HNC i had to connect half a million and tested, HND was ISP level and tested, Not seeing the faults, It bugs me! the simple answer thing is:- it does not work! and all could have been tested before hand. The Virtual Servers, would have kicked our problem in, and in my case I would have failed! My HNC never mind the HND, 10GB may NOT be enough for the 01555 area? It took me 3 months to design and test for my HNC, so not something I could point a finger at right away? All I can say is keep complaining if you are not happy, Its the Wholesale that has messed things up!

Andy

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lanark Carnwarth Carstairs areas

I would like to thank everyone for pulling together, I am 1000% everything better since the Openreach guy done work here, It will never be right until the Wholesale, gets things updated, But in my case and 5 enginers Later, I got one who done his best! He was up the same pole dozens off times, about to give up? but done everything possible. I owe that guy a huge thanks, OK as he left, even he had no confidence in things as things kept dropping, BUT further too my last comment, he must have fixed things in the Exchange, as a few hours later, things are as fast as can be for me just now.

I am now getting flexable 20-28mb where total **bleep** before and would cut off! So Credit given where due, Well done Openreach Tech! I Know you read here, changing those lines Worked, it has so-far brought me inline with everyone else. Where we know its slow for now. It is now upto the Wholesale that messed things up to get things working!

Andy

0 Ratings