cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

Dropping out of the Myview Recordings screen problem

I've recently being having a problem when playing back some recordings. At the start of playing the recording it suddenly drops out of the Myview Recordings and returns to the main television screen. It's not a major problem since I can go back and start it again without it reoccurring. At the moment it's a minor irritation but I'd like to try and sort it out before it becomes more serious.

It happens only occasionally but regular enough for me to consider resetting the machine. I'm not convinced it's a software problem however.

Has anyone experienced this themselves and, if it turns out to be a hardware problem, how would I go about getting the Youview box repaired or replaced?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: Dropping out of the Myview Recordings screen problem

Is this occuring on Freeview channel recordings or on BT IPTV channel recorrdings or both ?

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

On Freeview channel recordings. I'm not sure what BT IPTV is but I'm assuming they are the internet channels.

Just to be clear what's happening, it tends to be at the start of the recording.  It does not happen every time and it has not happened when I watch partly watched programs. When it drops out of the MyView recordings screen it goes to the Youview channel (for instance one of the BT Sports channels). It does not drop out of Youview box.

I've been tweaking the settings to see if they make any difference. They haven't but one thing I have noticed, and I'm not sure its related in any way, there appears to be no difference in the initial load time of the Youview box when I change the Eco-Mode setting from Low to High.

0 Ratings
skappy70
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

When changing the Eco-Mode from Low to High you need to allow at least 7 minutes for the hard disk to spin down before trying it otherwise it will load up quickly. Also if the box is recording whilst in Standby it will load up quickly.

0 Ratings
Gratias
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I left it overnight on High, and it has remained on High, and it's made no difference to the load time from when it was on Low.

The dropping out issue continues to be a problem and maybe more frequent now, with it happening 3 times last night, once twice in succession on the same recording.  At a guess I would say that the problem started within the last month.

Just in case its relevant I don't have BT Infinity, my estimated download speed is 15Mb with a range of 13 to 16.5Mb. Since the problem so far has occurred only on FreeView recordings I can't see that this is an issue.

In the absence of any further suggestions I'm going to have to try the reset option.

0 Ratings