Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2froggie
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Dual exchange dilemma

Go to solution

After moving into my semi-rural house in October, BT have finally connected my broadband. My 10 week patient wait was however only rewarded by an unimpressive 0.7 Mb connection. However the local Openreach engineer, who completed the work, helpfully pointed out the pole servicing my house is connected to 2 exchanges, one 9km away and the other 2km away. Unfortunately his work order used the connection to the exchange 9km away. After hours on the phone to BT and OpenReach I am still none the wiser how I can go about getting my connection re-jumped from one exchange to the other. Openreach won't do anything without an order from supplier(BT) and BT can't request changes to the Openreach network? I don't think capacity will be an issue as there are only 2 other property's connected to my pole and the nearby exchange is supplying a new 1000+ house development.

Any help advice would be gratefully received.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Dual exchange dilemma

Go to solution

this has been raised many times on the forum mostly for FTTC but openreach will not re-route your phone line just so you can improve your broadband.. As long as your phone works ok then that is all openreach are required to provide

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
2froggie
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

They will do is Cameron gets his way!

Running a new cable seems unfeasible but you don't reckon Openreach will even re-jumper?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

as I said this has been covered many times before especially on forum fibre board

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
No they will not move you from one exchange to a different one as the network is constructed as a bespoke network
0 Ratings
2froggie
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Problem solved.

Through BT's customer options department get your phone line ceased then re-issued via alternative exchange. Can carry a charge but was waived for me.

imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

well done - you were really luckySmiley Wink

0 Ratings