cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Duct from BT chamber in street to my property

Hi

fibrenation are installing fibre in my street using shared BT ducts. However, the duct from the BT chamber outside my house that carries the current BT copper wire to my door is blocked.  At the moment FibreNation can’t pull string though and leave it in the chamber for when I want the fibre connection. It’s about 15m from the chamber to my house but who is responsible for clearing this last bit? Me, FibreNation or OpenReach? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Duct from BT chamber in street to my property

They’re called Joint Footway Boxes (JF for short), not Chambers.

Message 3 of 7

@markbebb 

@markbebbwrote:

Hi

fibrenation are installing fibre in my street using shared BT ducts. However, the duct from the BT chamber outside my house that carries the current BT copper wire to my door is blocked.  At the moment FibreNation can’t pull string though and leave it in the chamber for when I want the fibre connection. It’s about 15m from the chamber to my house but who is responsible for clearing this last bit? Me, FibreNation or OpenReach? 

The JF belongs to Openreach (unless FibreNation have installed it - which is unlikley) so it will be between FN and Openreach to resolve.  What have FN told you ?

Kind Regards
CJT80
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
Message 4 of 7

You highlight what in my opinion is a ludicrous situation when it comes to PIA ( passive infrastructure access ) that OR have to offer to company’s that have the right to put their equipment in structures that they don’t own ( parasitic ?), and that is , if that duct isn’t serviceable, but the existing services are unaffected, who should spend money fixing it ?,the existing  OR  network in that duct will perform regardless of that duct being blocked or unblocked, the only benefactor is FN, so who  should pay the bill for unblocking a duct that they want to use ...no doubt it will be in the PIA documentation, but given this is a BT forum , and your issue is absolutely nothing to do with BT, I  suspect the answer you want will have to be found elsewhere 

Message 5 of 7

They didn’t say anything. We could both hear the rodding thing they use hitting the BT duct leading into the JF but he thinks the angle is too tight to get it round and pull the string through. I think the issue is just on the edge of my garden a few ft from the JF. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

I found this that’s seems to say the term for what’s blocked is a lead in and on pg31 details who is responsible. 

https://eur04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.openreach.co.uk%2Forpg%2Fhome%...

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

This is a forum for BT Consumer customers, and your issue is for FibreNation and Openreach to solve , its not ‘BT’ duct , it’s OR’s , so you are asking a question in the wrong place, you may get general guidance but strictly speaking, it’s nothing to do with ‘BT’.

As it’s FN you want to use to provide your service, your question would be better aimed at them