Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankatHome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 20

Duplicate emails with BT Yahoo

Go to solution

I've tried through BT Customer Support twice over the phone but no solutions from that quarter.......

I get a DUPLICATE of every email I receive via BT Yahoo Email.

I run an Apple Mac so it's nothing to do with the Microsoft Apps (as many suggest). The duplicates appear on the BT Yahoo Mail Web Page and in my Mail Client so it's nothing to do with my email client, I've checked and rechecked every relevant setting I can find.

It's unbelievable that BT can allow these faults to transpire without publishing some sort of solution or work-around.

Can ANYONE help me or put me in touch with someone whom can, or shall I be forced to simply delete my BT email account ?

I've found them a complete Brick Wall to deal with....................

All I seem to get from BT is 30% increases in Line Charges.

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
DanielS
Message 2 of 20

Re: Duplicate emails with BT Yahoo

Go to solution

Hi @FrankatHome,

Can you check your email settings to make sure you do not have auto-forward on?

BT Mail: Setting up auto-forward

If the destination shows your current email address, please make sure to remove it and save the changes.

Let me know if this helped you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
FrankatHome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
I have checked all Google and BT Yahoo Mail settings...(I have both)
My Gmail account is the only one showing a "forwarding" selection which is not activated.
The BT Yahoo settings..............cannot find any "forwarding" options.
Where are these ?
0 Ratings
FrankatHome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution

Just like to add,

When I enter details I discovered I am a BT Email customer, not a BT Yahoo Email customer................ Is there a difference and could this have anything to do with the problem as I originally started out as a BT Yahoo email address and don't recall changing that............ I'm struggling to think wyh this is happening. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

The email checker is not reporting accurately. It has a known fault and the BT email team are aware of it.

To check what system you are on just look at the logo when you are logged on to webmail. If you see Yahoo any where on the page you are on the Yahoo system. If there is no mention of Yahoo any where, you are on BTMail.

DanielS
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

Good Morning @FrankatHome,

If you have BT Mail, the link I sent you should direct you. However; if the field is empty we'll look into it for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days to get in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
FrankatHome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution
I have the BT and "Yahoo" emblem in the uppermost top left corner when logged into the Web page
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

@FrankatHome wrote:
I have the BT and "Yahoo" emblem in the uppermost top left corner when logged into the Web page

Inthat case you are on the BTYahoo email system.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45722/~/im-not-sure-if-ive-got-bt-mail-or-bt-yahoo!-m...

DanielS
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

Hi @FrankatHome,

Thanks for that. You will be on BT Yahoo Mail.

Click on the cog wheel on the top right hand side of the page when you log in, then click on settings. Afterwards, click on "Accounts", click on "BT Yahoo" (username@btinternet.com). Scroll down and check the "Forward" section. If your email address is in that section it will always send a duplicate copy of any email you get to yourself. If you remove the email and hit
"Save" it will stop the duplicate copy being sent to you.

Let me know if this fixes it for you please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
FrankatHome
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

I see where you indicate but the email address shown (mine) cannot be deleted, the only way to take the focus away from "Forward" is to hit the above button which is "Pop".

I don't want either of these choices.

0 Ratings