cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 21

Dyndns connection

Since the last firmware update we cannot connect to dyndns anymore on hub 5 or the 6, hub 5 gives incorrect user or password, hub 6 just doesn't refresh, Is anybody else experiencing the same problems
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 21

Re: Dyndns connection

i work for a CCTV company and I am receiving calls about this every day. People not being able to view their cameras remotely once their IP dynamically updates. It is not just Dyn DNS services, built in DVR DDNS features will not even allow the registration of a domain when connected to BT routers. It is becoming quite problematic for customers of mine, and also their own customers. Why are BT preventing certain services from working with their routers? P2P access of CCTV devices is not working either, which was a feature that allowed us to bypass the need for port forwarding and having to use a DNS address. What am I supposed to tell my customers, other than they need a static IP from BT, which I have been told they are very reluctant to do nowadays. This needs to be sorted out. It seems that it goes beyond just the firmware on these routers, and is more down to their infrastructure, as I have spent time with customers troubleshooting this with other branded routers on BT networks. If anyone has any concrete information on this issue could they please enlighten me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 21

Re: DynDNS Not Updating

I did notice this issue on a remote home hub that I monitor, and eventually used No-IP instead, and that worked fine.

It seemed to coincide with DynDNS using a different login process, involving a random key generated by the account holder, and that key being used as the password.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 21

Strange I should see your post today. I have only just received my Hub 6 a few days ago. I cannot now access my ipcamera remotely despite having checked the settings in DynDNS and the settings in the camera. Also the USB port doesnt appear to recognise anything at all that is plugged in !! I wonder if anybody from BT themselves monitor these posts so as to be aware of the problem. Your customers must be very annoyed.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 21

They've either screwed up the firmware or put a block on dyndns, that's all very well I've paid 40 dollars for a service for our camera systems I can't use, and typical BT they don't give a f... If your a business customer you get the option of fixed ip but domestic you have do make the best of a **bleep** deal
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 21

Do the cameras have their own api which allows you to enter the DynDns details? My Foscam IP cameras do.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 21

We use hik yes they do have ddns setup but it doesn't update straight away after a router reboot, hence that's why we do in the Hub, it just a **bleep** take if your a business customer you get bells and whistles with reasonable tech support, but domestic just get stupid answers from abroad to put it politely
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 21

Hi Mate, it is certainly very frustrating for both our company, our customers and theirs. When exactly did the firmware come out, as this seems to have only started in the last 2 months or so. We never had a problem with the equipment we sell and the BT networks. I'm assuming this is not just affecting owners and users of CCTV systems. I am going to try a NO-IP setup today at some point hopefully and see if that gets me any further. If so, then they are clearly blocking DynDNS. Bad move from BT if this is true. I am getting fed up of letting people down, telling them they are not going to be able to view their CCTV system that they have forked out good money for. What a joke of a company BT are.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 21

@cctvtechsupportguy

@Keith_Beddoe wrote

It seemed to coincide with DynDNS using a different login process, involving a random key generated by the account holder, and that key being used as the password.

I don't think you will find BT are blocking DYNDNS.  I think the issue is the change of login for DYNDNS.  If the password is now a randomly generated key then obviously the old account password stored in the router will no longer work.  The individual customer will have to generate his/her key and use that instead.

I'm sure DYNDNS would have intimated the change to all users so I fail to see the problem.  Unless people just didn't bother making the change.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 21

This is the DynDNS account screen where the key has to be generated. This key is the password. It was done to avoid saving account password in update clients, which is insecure. These accounts have to be paid VIP accounts.

dynkey.jpg

0 Ratings