cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 21

Re: Dyndns connection

Hi Liam,

This does not explain why DVR P2P services will not connect to BT routers anymore, and certain built in DVR DDNS services do not register domain names with their corresponding server. This is what makes me think BT are blatantly blocking more than just DynDNS.

I have experienced P2P throttling going on with certain UK mobile providers which have put a stop to customers using this this method of accessing their CCTV. This was a massive selling point, due to the ease of setting it up and taking away a large amount of unnecessary port forwarding calls.

Do you know of any way around getting some sort of DDNS service to work with BT? Would really like to be able to tell my customers I have a solution to this issue.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 12 of 21

We've been using the key as password for months, it's the last firmware update that's stopped it working the problems BT
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 21

Keith, is that a TSIG key?
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Hi @RolyMiller,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems. Can you please drop me over an email with your details and we'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 21

@cctvtechsupportguy

Hi,

You could try http://dynv6.com or https://www.duiadns.net

Both are free services.  There are others also, just not as good in my opinion.

I use duiadns.net as they have the best support for IPv6 that I could find.  Also duiadns does not require a monthly log in like most of the other free services.

Admittedly I never use BT Hubs, I find them too limited in configuration options and subject to BT tinkering via remote management.

Beginner
Message 16 of 21

Thanks David, have emailed the request
0 Ratings
Expert
Message 17 of 21

I think I'll try your advice about DDNS services myself too, thanks @Liam_.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 21

@cctvtechsupportguy wrote:
Keith, is that a TSIG key?

No idea. All I know is that DynDNS works just fine on my Home Hub 1 (ADSL), but it would not work on my daughter`s home hub 6 (VDSL). I got the same authentication issue, so I used No-IP instead, and that worked fine.

Expert
Message 19 of 21

I'm adding your suggestion of No-IP to my list too, thanks @Keith_Beddoe.

Perhaps between yourself and @Liam_ and the others affected, you could ask the moderators to investigate behind the scenes what's causing BT Infinity to fail with DynDNS, and then liaising with network engineers to get the problem fixed.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 21

I gave up with DynDNS quite a while back due to update issues.  Ended up having to manually update the IP on the site. After a while it was easier just to mail the IP change to users when it happened.  This was on ADSL with a third-party router in 2011, so can't blame a Hub for that, I think it may be a recent DynDNS change that's causing problems again.  Started using duiadns.net when I switched the server over to IPv6 only and no problems since.

0 Ratings