cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 72

E-MAIL LOG IN ON A CONTINUOUS LOOP - DESPAIRING!

Go to solution

I have been unable to login to my bt mail since this morning. On accessing my bt homepage this morning and then clicking onto the email icon (letter icon in top right hand corner) it then took me to a page saying 'manage all your BT services in one place'. It stated that I have 30 days to set this up so I proceeded with the 'get started' button, it took me through all the pages to update info including passwords etc which I did. I then tried to log into email again and it took me on a loop back to the original page. This happened several times until I gave up. I contacted the helpline (India somwhere...) and after waiting nearly 20 minutes the adviser couldn't help me and said it was a level 2 problem and someone would contact me in 24/48 hours! This is ridiculous! I have searched the forum for answers but am despairing. I have had to set up a new 'gmail' to try to contact people regarding day to day work etc.... What a shambles BT...! How can I get out of this loop...? I hope to god that BT contacts me..but who knows when....! Plus I am a 54 year old technophobe...so need plain english explanation.....PLEASE HELP...! Thank you in anticipation

0 Ratings
71 REPLIES 71
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 72

Re: E-MAIL LOG IN ON A CONTINUOUS LOOP - DESPAIRING!

Go to solution

Have a look at this thread and in particular message 9 to see if it is similar to your problem.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Webmail-login-failure/td-p/1618427

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 72

Go to solution

thanks gg30340 it is similar but not exactly - I saw this messge earlier before posting my problem.

I have found someone else Frontera2 who has had the same issue as me and it seems RobbieMac moderator solved it this week....

RobbieMac would you please offer me some help please as the solution wasn't posted as probably needed intervention from BTs end rather than me do it myself...

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 72

Go to solution

this is the link to the Frontera2 problem message 29 and 30 but no solution was posted, only the fact that RobbieMac had solved it

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Email-issues-despair/m-p/1619685#M42748

Here's hoping someone can help ASAP...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 72

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take two working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you gg30340, much appreciated! I will wait to hear via this thread...

If I get a solution I'll post it as solved

many thanks again

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @Nurse1,

You can get in touch with me by clicking on my username and then on contact the mods. We'll look into it for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 72

Go to solution

Thank you DanielS, I have contacted the mods as requested

Nurse1 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 72

Go to solution

SO, DanielS moderator, I have just had a BT level 2 phonecall lasting 33 minutes where she accessed my computer remotely. The problem still persists.... Apparently she has now passed the problem to the next level and she is apparently going to call me back on Friday afternoon....meanwhile I still cant access important emails...we are in the throws of buying a house and I also work for the ambulance service and receive emails frm them.... Please help asap.... It seems that BT knows about this problem as this is far from an isolated case...

I sincerely hope the moderator team can help me as this is really frustrating and compromising. Once I have access again BT may well lose my business.....!

Come on BT you are better than this ....aren't you.....!?!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 72

Go to solution

I can understand why you would be frustrated @Nurse1. As we're a small team of Moderators, for this Community, it can take us longer than the normal channels to pick things up. However; I would expect us to be in touch within 24 hours.

DanielS

0 Ratings