cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 72

Re: E-MAIL LOG IN ON A CONTINUOUS LOOP - DESPAIRING!

Go to solution

@Nurse1 Have you tried accessing your mail using a mail client rather than webmail? If not, I suggest you try downloading Windows Live Mail from here and add your mail account as an IMAP account. Settings to use are here

If you need help setting it up, post back.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 72

Go to solution

Apologies Daniel S, Thank you for your help and I'll wait to hear

many thanks

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 72

Go to solution

thank you Licquorice, I'll have a go later when I have more time and get back to you if necessary...

many thanks

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 72

Go to solution

If you do try WLM, set the account up manually rather than letting the wizard do it.

w1.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 72

Go to solution
Hi I am having the same issues. Email inaccessible since last Thursday and been given the run around by the helpdesk who say they will be escalating the problem....but nothing. Amar
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 72

Go to solution

HI Licquorice, I have tried to access my email via the outlook mail client as an IMAP account to no avail...it gave a message regarding being unable to contact the server for my bt mail account... The BT phone advisor today indicated that the problem was with the BT server....

I just need to wait for the moderators to get back to me, but thanks for trying to help

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 72

Go to solution

Sorry to hear that Amar.... I have messaged the moderators in this thread by clicking on thier name icon in one of their message posts...DanielS responded to me and he is hopefully trying to investigate it for me...you may want to try the same with one of the other moderators....?

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 72

Go to solution

@Nurse1 wrote:

HI Licquorice, I have tried to access my email via the outlook mail client as an IMAP account to no avail...it gave a message regarding being unable to contact the server for my bt mail account... The BT phone advisor today indicated that the problem was with the BT server....

I just need to wait for the moderators to get back to me, but thanks for trying to help

Nurse1

Sorry about that, I thought it might just work as it accesses the server differently.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 72

Go to solution

I am having the same problem as Nurse1. Every time that I try to log in to my email account from the BT homepage the "Manage all your services from one place" screen appears. Have talked to the helpdesk in India via online chat and they said it would be raised to level 2 and I will get a callback within 24-48 hours, again the same as Nurse1. Until this evening, when I have needed to open a gmail account to use this forum, I have only had the one e-mail account. Please, if anyone can help, I would be really grateful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 72

Go to solution

Did you read my post in message 2 and follow the link and thereafter try what was suggest in that thread?

0 Ratings