cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 72

Re: E-MAIL LOG IN ON A CONTINUOUS LOOP - DESPAIRING!

Go to solution

HI moderators RobbieMac and DanielS , I am very confused regarding the progress of my email issue...

I had a telephone call from 'Lizzie' at your UK end of BT yesterday saying that she had picked up my issue via the forum....she said she would ring me this afternoon... (friday 13th) and that it was hopeful that my problem would be fixed by the time she called me. I am now very confused as I have had a phoncall this afternoon from the original level 2 advisor in India saying that she has been emailed to say that it is going to take longer to fix the problem and she will call me on Monday.... She said she didn't know whether this email was connected to the forum people in the UK as she had no way of contacting them... Its difficult to understand whether the problem is definitely delayed further or whether 'Lizzie' from the UK is still going to call me today... please advise...

many thanks

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 42 of 72

Go to solution

I would stick with the moderators and leave it to them to sort this out.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 43 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @Nurse1,

Lizzie is off today but Laura in her team will be looking into it for you and will be in touch later.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 72

Go to solution

Nurse1

As a reply to the info you posted on Philm13's thread:

I know you have used Outlook to try and access your email but this is advice to consider when you get access restored to your emails. You should consider using Outlook as a POP3 account which will allow you to download your emails onto your computer/device. 

Once they are downloaded you can then do a back up of them and store them safely. This means that YOU are responsible for their safe keeping and even if your email provider, in this case BT, loses or deletes your emails from their servers you will still have a copy safely stored on your computer/device.

You can store and back up all your contacts in the same manner

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 72

Go to solution

thanks gg30340, I'll need to get my son to help me with that as am not computer savvy with this POP3 stuff.... I am a 50+ technophobe..... I am concerned that I will not get my email restored which then gives me a lot of work and headache to sort out life stuff....

I am increasingly fed up with all this as its going to be next week now before anything can be looked into again...

I wish a BT exec IT manager looked at the forum messages....! this could cost BT lost business....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 72

Go to solution

@Nurse1 wrote:

I wish a BT exec IT manager looked at the forum messages....! this could cost BT lost business....

With over 6 million customers and only a few, even if it was hundreds or a few thousand of people experiencing the problem you have, I doubt it will cost them any great loss of business.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 72

Go to solution

Hi @Nurse1 , have you heard any more about resolving this issue. I haven't yet.

Hazelds

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 72

Go to solution

Hi RobbieMac, sorry to have missed your call today, Please call again on my mobile, I am now available for the rest of today....

Hazelds...have not heard anything but it seems I missed a call from one of the mods today...

am ever hopeful it will be resolved...!

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 49 of 72

Go to solution

HI RobbieMac/moderators

I have now been able to access my email through the BT page, but everything has disappeared except my contacts list...this is a start, thank you but where are my emails......?! I hope to God they havent disappeared completely....!!

thanks

Nurse1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 50 of 72

Go to solution

Hi Nurse1,

I've asked Robbie to give you a call again. He will be in touch later on this afternoon.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings