Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

Stuart,

Thanks for replying. I would be happy if somebody came back to us and said, "Yes we have identified a problem," and give us some idea as to what is actually going on. It is lack of information, especially to those of us who are technical, that is so frustrating.

One gets the impression that BT are not treating this with any urgency at all but let me assure you that this is an extremely serious problem.

When I used to work for IBM and later with Amdahl, if a problem as serious as this was not fixed within a couple of days, (more usually a few hours), there would be **bleep** to pay.

Perhaps you could advise me as to what I should say to my customers who are experiencing this problem to many of whom, sadly, it was me who recommended BT.

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 671

Neither am I impressed with the draconian editing on this forum. The word replaced in my last post by **bleep** was extremely innocuous and, I believe, would cause offense to nobody.

0 Ratings
Cross_Bug
Beginner
Message 73 of 671

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Cross_Bug
Beginner
Message 74 of 671

Having worked on several projects incluing managing the implementation in major high street banks I can assure BT that these amounts of issues and also the way customers are been dilberately kept in the dark in regards to these matters would have resulted in heads rolling in my department. We would have had the chnaged back-out in hours or be working night and day with hot fixes, not denying all responsibility and balming third party software!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 75 of 671

@StuartH wrote:

Hi Guys

Sorry for the long delay in getting answers and resolution on this problem. We are still investigating what is happening with BT Yahoo and hope to get it sorted soon.

In the meantime can anyonewho is experiencing the same problem please send in their details using the contact us form which is located in my profile in the section 'About Me'.

Hi Stuart.

I'm afraid it's more than specific individual problems, it is access to some of the backend mail servers at fault - and will affect lots and lots of people.

It is generic - and at least one of the load balancers is underperforming, which Yahoo! will know about. Their stats will show this. They need to be pushed harder.

0 Ratings
MadPierre
Aspiring Contributor
Message 76 of 671

Hi Guys after many Days/Weeks/Hours talking to INDIA (No Offence Much cheapness LOL) with no help whatsoever....In fact they managed to eradicate my PST file from 2010 Email in the process of trying to help me.

I am so annoyed about this and the last Indian I spoke to totally refused to let me speak to a supervisor/Manager.

I will name and shame the first supervisor I spoke with was NAKUL BHARAGAV and tonight was the ultimate Insult as he totally refused to transfer me to a Supervisor/Manager. His name was Varun kalra

I think the level of customer care/Service from BT leaves a lot to be desired.

However my wife has come up with a solution that appears to stop these annoying popups.

You need to access your account settings and change the incoming and outgoing server from mail.btinternet.com to.

Incoming server to……… pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Outgoing mail server to……….. smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

The user name has to be your full email address

0 Ratings
Briri
Aspiring Contributor
Message 77 of 671

Hi Marton

For what it is worth, for me it is just one sub address.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 78 of 671

@MadPierre wrote:

However my wife has come up with a solution that appears to stop these annoying popups.

You need to access your account settings and change the incoming and outgoing server from mail.btinternet.com to.

Incoming server to……… pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Outgoing mail server to……….. smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

The user name has to be your full email address

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Just for info, I've been pushing this change via my shortcuts option 0d/h for some time - and have done over the years when the odd account has caused a problem.

Typically only one of the pop3/smtp servers need altering - depending on which is causing the problem.

However it may not always work, but I've had at least one mail address using these settings for years.

0 Ratings
JC_Derby
Beginner
Message 79 of 671

Same problem for me in my outlook account. I receive 3 email addresses in to this and the Bt one is the only one thats misbehaving. Disappointed that BT arent taking ownership of this at all.

0 Ratings
Cheenix
Aspiring Contributor
Message 80 of 671

I have had no problems since using Bt through Outlook, Till now that is, Every time I access my mail it rejects the password which was just working yesterday.

So ****** off as I receive all my mail through this account and now can't send or recieve.

Hopefully it sorts itself out.

Unless there is a problem I dont know about ??

0 Ratings