cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marton
Contributor
Message 291 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

Still happening at least once a day, but ony on a new sub address i set up in the last week or so.

0 Ratings
buffman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 292 of 671

Has happened to me a couple of times over the past fortnight.

0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 293 of 671

@jtennet wrote:

I have to say that I haven't had a problem for a few weeks now. Is everybody happy that it's fixed or are people still having trouble?

Mine's been fine for a few weeks but just had a couple of pop-ups today. Hopefully not a sign of things to come 😉

0 Ratings
rogerhut
Aspiring Contributor
Message 294 of 671

As the problem seems to appear from time to time and then disappear I am coming to the conclusion that it is a periodic server capacity problem that is not being admitted by BT.

When the enter network password request appears and won't allow me to get past it I work around it  by

switching from collecting mail via outlook to collecting via web mail (www.btyahoo.com) and this almost always works.

I am advised that outlook seeks to access the server directly which is more susceptible to failure than accessing via the web page.    

0 Ratings
hakster
Aspiring Contributor
Message 295 of 671

The issue was gone for several weeks for me, but this evening it is back as bad as ever, roughly 1 out of 5 pop3 downloads failing, same error as before. Why is this still not resolved definitely, and why still no official statement from BT?

0 Ratings
marton
Contributor
Message 296 of 671

Terrible this morning on all accounts whther using thr yahoo or btinternet servers.

PLEASE sort this, ASAP and EXPLAIN and APOLOGISE

Sorry for the 'shouting' but i am exasperated

0 Ratings
marton
Contributor
Message 297 of 671

Just realised, belatedly, why they don't care.

Only a tiny minority of us use outlook to enable us to have off line access to emails.

BT really don't care about us, the vast majority use online web-mail and if they lost us I am sure they would not care one iota.
0 Ratings
Message 298 of 671

Hi Hakster,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the issue has returned. We’re looking into this for you and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

@ Marton

Can you drop me an email with your details? You’ll find the “contact us” form in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Highlighted
johnson65
Aspiring Contributor
Message 299 of 671

I've noticed this problem comes and goes. My guess is that one or more servers is not working properly and it seems to be pot luck whether you get one that comes up with password rejection or not.

Fortunately I have been lucky recently that this problem seems to have diminished but one would have thought that a major ISP would put a bit of effort into eradicating the problem totally. I still get the occasional rejection but usually a prod of the 'get mail' button seems to get a server which works.

Andrew Johnson

0 Ratings
jtennet
Aspiring Expert
Message 300 of 671

Hello David,

Yep, problem is back with a vengeance tonight. This seriously cannot go on for much longer. Have had to revert to the alternative incoming mail pop server - pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

All you moderators are very polite, sympathetic, apologetic and, I'm sure, would love this problem to go away but, that ain't going to happen. What we users want is an admission of liability and apology from higher management along with a statement from technical support along the lines of, "This is what the problem is and this is what we are doing about it."

@DavidM wrote:

Hi Hakster,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry the issue has returned. We’re looking into this for you and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

@ Marton

Can you drop me an email with your details? You’ll find the “contact us” form in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings