cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 311 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

The problem is worse than ever for me now. I've set Outlook to only automatically send/receive from BT Internet once every 15 minutes, but I'm still getting a popup error message about once an hour. My other e-mail accounts, which automatically refresh every 2 minutes, work fine.

Moderator DavidM made a post six days ago saying he was looking into it and would get back to us as soon as possible. How about an update David?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 312 of 671

Hi Richard,

A bit of a misunderstanding  - my fault - I shouldn't have said pop server. The change was made to their POPgate mail server at 05:30 yesterdy morning.

Previouslt, as a test, Craig asked me to try pop899.mail.ukl.yahoo.com and carry out some tests. The problem we were having was pretty well permanent password rejection on my wife's email address. Mine was eorking OK at the time (still is).

This address worked OK but reverting back to the usual mail.btinternet.com it was still failing solid. I left her settings on the new pop address and reported back to Craig.

Yesterday he told me about the engineering change and, today, we have switched back to the default address. All seems to be working for us at present.

I'll probably get my knuckles rapped but why not try that address. It is a letter L after the uk.

Good luck.

Jim

@richard2010 wrote:

I am unfortunately still seeing the problem. Which POP server are you using? I gave up going round the loop of changing servers as they all seem to suffer the problem.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 313 of 671

Jim, Brilliant, thank you. Problem sorted with the new address. Now that everyone knows that it works no doubt it will fall over under load! Can't understand this, POP3 is hardly rocket science and has been around for over 20 years.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 314 of 671

I too was asked to do those test, but haven't had time.

Today, and I stress today, all is well.Smiley Very Happy

As the proverb say 'tomorrow is another day'  it's also Friday 13th...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 315 of 671

Glad it worked for you Richard.

You're right of course, If everybody uses it, it's bound to fail. I am absolutely sure that this whole this is a load problem. I'll probably get banned from the forum for mentioning the address and, perhaps, have my BT contract cancelled (Oh how I wish) but I'm glad it did a little bit of good.

Where BT's concerned, I do sometimes lose the will to live.

@richard2010 wrote:
Jim, Brilliant, thank you. Problem sorted with the new address. Now that everyone knows that it works no doubt it will fall over under load! Can't understand this, POP3 is hardly rocket science and has been around for over 20 years.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 316 of 671

I had the same problem with constant pop-ups last November.  It then cleared up for about 6 weeks.  It has now reappeared and steadily degraded over the last 2-3 days, to the extent that last night and this morning I have been unable to use Outlook at all

It is a shame the Moderators are seeming to remain silent on this subject.  Is anyone out there listening to us?

I presume everyone is aware there is a parallel thread on same subject, http://tinyurl.com/c3pko48

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 317 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection amd error #OCF013

I had all the problem with passwords and not recognising my password before Christmas. It's happened again this motning - my hisband's sub account on Rhunderboird is fine; mine with identical settings isn't working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 318 of 671

Particularly bad this morning with both the main account and sub-accounts.

A question to our moderators: does the bit of BT responsible for email issues know that we are having these problems? Come to that, does Yahoo know? If so, can either group offer any indication of what is being done to solve the problems?

Michael
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 319 of 671

I don't think anyone is listening, these forums are simply a sop to BT's unfortunate customers, rather like the inept tech support people on live chat. I dont think BT are unique in this it seems to be a sign of the times that whichever large company you deal with you get incompetence, delay and end up having to write to the CEO to get anything done. My main gripe with BT is that I am paying the same amount per month for a pitiful 1.5 mb/s service as those who are getting approaching 8 mb/s, and getting no proper support.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 320 of 671

Richard,

While I am in no way condoning or excusing BTs apalling performance in getting this fixed, I think it should be pointed out that community forums are not, and never have been, a gateway to technical support. Many, many companies have such forums which are a vehicle for customers to talk to each other, seek advice and, sometimes, get help in solving a problem. Moderators are there to keep an eye on what is being said and generally police the site. To give them their due, the moderators on here, who I presume are not technical, have been helpfull in passing our concerns to engineering.

My suspicions are that the real technical people are fully aware of where the problem lies and what needs to be done to fix it but they don't have the resources to do so as it would, no doubt, be very costly. In the meantime, they are making little tweaks here and there to try and get round the problem. Whether it be BT themselves or Yahoo, I don't see a real fix coming this way any time soon.

Jim

@richard2010 wrote:

I don't think anyone is listening, these forums are simply a sop to BT's unfortunate customers, rather like the inept tech support people on live chat. I dont think BT are unique in this it seems to be a sign of the times that whichever large company you deal with you get incompetence, delay and end up having to write to the CEO to get anything done. My main gripe with BT is that I am paying the same amount per month for a pitiful 1.5 mb/s service as those who are getting approaching 8 mb/s, and getting no proper support.

0 Ratings