cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 451 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

That is how I got round it, until it didn't let me in web based anymore either 😞
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 452 of 671

Who was it that said IMAP was the answer and never causes a problem?

For one reason or another I have never wanted to use an IMAP account but, out of necessity just recently, I set up IMAP access to my main BT-Yahoo account. Guess what, two days later I get password rejection messages on that account. Logging in and out of webmail fixed it (for now) but I'm afraid IMAP is not the answer.

In addition, using IMAP on BT-Yahoo one sees the bulk mail (spam folder) which BT so thoughtfully (often wrongly) hid from us. Consequently, all the spam, including the viruses, finds its way to my computer.

The BT-Yahoo product is fast becoming a nonsensical excuse for an e-mail service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 453 of 671

@bucketp wrote:

Hi

Yes I can access webmaiil with no issues at all, thats great for when Im out and about but I really would like outlook to work again.

I tried to configure Thunderbird but that couldnt authenticate me with my password. I know the password I am using is correct as it has always worked fine in the past.

Hi. I am using Thunderbird without problem. It's not actually the easiest product to get to work, but is quite straightforward once you know how and to stop it automatically setting up an account.

How long has the problem been affecting you ?

As a check - have a look at my shortcuts (link below) option 12b - and see what the Product item shows.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 454 of 671

I am having the same problem with 2 Pop 3 email accounts. It is on and off all day. I use Mac Mail and have done for some considerable time with no problems. Password rejections for the past 3 days on both accounts (primary and secondary). Then one account decides to work, then both then both go off. I can access via web mail but that is not the same. Also with a mail client mail is there straight away. I dont have to log on to get it. The password is obviously correct otherwise I would not be able to get in at all. Yes I have checked and double checked the settings and also tried with IMAP. When Pop 3 fails so does Imap. Come on BT get it sorted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 455 of 671

I ran the BT Broadband Desktop Help tool and it advised it couldn’t find my password on the server and prompted me to create a new password, once I had done this everything worked fine for almost 48 hours then exactly the same happened again and I had to create a new password, cookies etc are cleared regularly and I haven’t had any issues for years until this week.

Is there an issue with the servers in that they are losing login information?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 456 of 671

Smiley MadReset my password 1 hour ago now its asking for it again, BT just what is going on, cant you admit its a problem on your side, this is happening to too many people for it to be down to inidviduals.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 457 of 671

Today is the first time for over a month that I have had the problem, and then it was on one occasion for one account (I use 4 btinternet accounts with Outlook 2010).  I thought the problem had been fixed and will see how the next few days go.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 458 of 671

@bucketp wrote:

Smiley MadReset my password 1 hour ago now its asking for it again, BT just what is going on, cant you admit its a problem on your side, this is happening to too many people for it to be down to inidviduals.

Hi.

The issue isn't a password issue, it never actually has been. Some people have noticed it has worked after a password change, but this isn't the fault. It would just not suddenly fail in this manner.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 459 of 671

Following several long conversations with a gentleman in India, I finally lost my cool and asked for this to be sorted out once and for all.  He agreed that there was a problem and that he would report the fault to YAHOO in USA for my accounts to be reset.  24 hours after this conversation I stopped receiving any popups and have not done so on either my primary or sub-account for 10 days.  This seems to prove that there was a problem with YAHOO.  Hoping that I am now clear of these popups I suggest that you all follow up with a request that your problem is reported to YAHOO in USA, although I cannot understand why it can not be done for all in one event.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 460 of 671

Joval,

I'm pleased you are sorted for now. Many of us have been down this route or something like it and the moderators on here have acknowledge that the problem is with Yahoo. Trouble is, the problem gets fixed (sometimes) and it may last for some time but it almost invariably returns.

This is not a problem that only affects individuals - it is widespread.

BT/YAHOO -  FIX THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL

0 Ratings