cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 331 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection

Not sure this answers the problem but intermittently I have the same problem.

So I started to investigate and it seems all email is being scanned and read by external contractors. This may be the cause, checking you are not a bot, or overloading. See the thread on BT Yahoo snooping for more info.
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- -
Wondering what went wrong with human communication?
... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 332 of 671

Re: E-mail password rejection amd

Switched to new pc with Windows 7 and Office 2010 . After being hacked and losing all my btyahoo mail info decided to use Outlook. (despite very good support from Mumbai)

Since November have gone through a constant cycle of rejection of password on server. Use BT broadband help and go through the same process several times a day, often withinh minutes of resetting. Even when i have opened Chrome first and my BTYahoo page when I try Outlook it kicks off again.

The problem must be with the server or the links to it. Surely it's not beyond ther wit of man to SORT this out!!!!!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 333 of 671

You have my deepest sympathy. I too am experiencing this issue and no-one from BT seems to have the knowledge to fix it. Write to Warren Buckley, managing director of customer services. I doubt it will fix your problem (it hasn't fixed ours) but the more complaints that land on his desk the more pressure can be applied to get this problem sorted. Here is my thread on the matter (Intermittent email password problem):

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Intermittent-email-password-problem/m-p/379269/highlight...

Regards, Rob.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 334 of 671

Last week moderator StephanieG suggested that anyone who was experiencing the problem should fill in the 'Contact Us' form. I sent my details four days ago but still haven't heard anything, not even a reply to say thankyou we have received your details. Did anyone actually read it?

On the 6th of January moderator DavidM said 'We're looking into this for you and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible." Since then he hasn't posted a single message. Has he gone on holiday?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 335 of 671

There are numerous yahoo pop3 servers, my recent investigations is that servers that respond with popgate-0.4.2.309535 do not exhibit the password problem.  It is probably worth using the explicit fqdn of the server rather than relying on eg mail.btinternet.com which may return the server either at  217.146.188.192 or  217.12.13.134

popgate-0.4.2.309535

pop.att.yahoo.com

pop899.mail.ukl.yahoo.com 

pop-smtp.bt.mail.fy5.b.yahoo.com

Servers responding popgate 2.48.1 would appear to have the problem

pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

pop-smtp1-a.bt.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 336 of 671

@richard2010 wrote:

There are numerous yahoo pop3 servers, my recent investigations is that servers that respond with popgate-0.4.2.309535 do not exhibit the password problem.  It is probably worth using the explicit fqdn of the server rather than relying on eg mail.btinternet.com which may return the server either at  217.146.188.192 or  217.12.13.134

popgate-0.4.2.309535

pop.att.yahoo.com

pop899.mail.ukl.yahoo.com 

pop-smtp.bt.mail.fy5.b.yahoo.com

Servers responding popgate 2.48.1 would appear to have the problem

pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

pop-smtp1-a.bt.mail.vip.ukl.yahoo.com

Hi. As a matter of interest, :-

01/17/12 12:31:14 dns mail.btinternet.com
Canonical name: pop-smtp.bt.mail.fy5.b.yahoo.com
Aliases:
  mail.btinternet.com
  pop-smtp.bt.mail.yahoo.com
Addresses:

and telnet to pop-smtp.bt.mail.fy5.b.yahoo.com is popgate-0.4.2.309535, which is the same for the latter IP address. The initial IP address returns popgate 2.48.1

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 337 of 671

Hi imthompson,

Did you receive Davids email yesterday?

Cheers,
Chris
BT Moderator Team

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 338 of 671

Hi ChristopherP,

No, I haven't received anything.

0 Ratings
Message 339 of 671

Hi imthompson,

I've sent it again and just in case I've dropped you a PM as well.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Message 340 of 671

Hi guys,

As mentioned before, our testing indicates that this issue is fixed for the majority of customers but if any of you are still experiencing issues please send us your details so we can investigate further for you.  You can do this via our “Contact us” form, which you can get by clicking on my username (it’ll be under “About me”, top-left of my profile page).  We’ll then get back to you to complete some further diagnostics. We’re sorry if you are still having issues with this.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings