Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 17

Re: E-mail setting for THREE network

@cwbaker wrote:

Maybe I didnt explain as well as I should have done.

I have a BT Yahoo account, all set up on the Galaxy S3 I have, via the Three Network. I can receive mail no worries, but it refuses to send them. It just simply says sending failed. I assume this is something to do with the outgoing configuration. I was hoping to find out if I need to change the config or something like that.

Cheers

Craig

I understand now what you are trying  to do. Did your read what Andy_N said about account validation, and the restrictions placed by other ISPs?

Does it work if you connect via Wifi to your home hub?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 17

that is the standard settings for setting up outgoing mail on your mobile - I am on O2 but should be the same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 17

@cwbaker wrote:

Maybe I didnt explain as well as I should have done.

I have a BT Yahoo account, all set up on the Galaxy S3 I have, via the Three Network. I can receive mail no worries, but it refuses to send them. It just simply says sending failed. I assume this is something to do with the outgoing configuration. I was hoping to find out if I need to change the config or something like that.

Cheers

Craig

Hi again.

It seems that you are trying to send btinternet emails vie the three network, so you almost certainly need to use the three smtp mail servers in order to send emails via that network, notwithstanding what I said earlier. Receiving is independent and normally unaffected whichever network/ISP you use, but in order to prevent abuse etc, sending is different.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 17

I don't use a 3 connection myself, so can't check for sure, but a quick Google suggests that 3 might be preventing connections on standard SMTP ports unless you use their own SMTP service...
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

I can send emails from my btinternet email address using my S2 mobile on O2 using the BT mail server settings and not anything from O2 - unless Three are different

edit  from IanC comments looks like 3 may be different

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 17

Just tried it on the Wi-Fi at home and no joy. I am guessing Three will have to tell me a setting to change. Will await there reply! Not soon I think...

Cheers All

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 17

Try this. In mail preferences go to the outgoing server and edit the server. Put in smtp-mbb.three.co.uk.
use port 26 or 587. Require sign in and enter your user name etc.

3 block port 25, see this link

http://ask3.three.co.uk/srvs/cgi-bin/webisapi.dll/,/?new,kb=mbb,ts=mbb,t=casedoc.tem,case=obj(1561),...

0 Ratings