Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chadders1
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

EA Servers and Xbox 1 Disconnections

Not sure if this is in the right forum.
We purchased FIFA 18 for my son at Christmas and he constantly looses connection with the EA servers. According to EA there is no problem their end and I need to contact my internet provider .
Does anybody know of anyway to fix this?
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: EA Servers and Xbox 1 Disconnections

How is the X box 1 connected to the home hub, is it a direct Ethernet cable, or wireless? Wireless is subject to interference and disconnects.

0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

It’s connected through a power line adapter which is plugged into the wall. The tv is connected the same way and we don’t have any issues with amazon/ Netflix or catch up tv.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Does the problem still occur if you totally disconnect the TV BT (YouView?) box from the powerline adapter?

How many powerline adapters are you using, and is the xbox connected via its own slave adapter, or through a network switch?

I am thinking about possible interaction between the TV (YouView) and the Xbox.

Also. sometimes people connect powerline adapters incorrectly, so I made up this diagram.

Important - Using powerline adapters or broadband extenders

0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Xbox is connected through its own power line adapter upstairs , tv through another one downstairs, both have a cable from the device straight into the adapter in the plug socket. The HH is in a room downstairs connected straight to an adapter in the socket.
EA said check which ports are open but I have no idea what they are on about.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

There should be no interaction, but you could try with the TV disconnected.

If you are using BT YouView, then that does take priority over bandwidth, but unless you have a slow Internet connection, there should be plenty to spare.

What EA are saying, is that certain incoming coneections (ports) should be open, to allow communication with other users.

In theory, these connections should be automatically established by the home hub, using UPnP.

The home hub is not very good in that respect, so you will have to manually assign the ports needed.

I do not know which ports they would be, but there are quite a few forum members who do online gaming, so they may be able to help with this.

BT Guide for the Home Hub Port Forwarding with Home Hub

0 Ratings
chadders1
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Thanks, will give it a try.
0 Ratings