cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

EA's origin slow downloads

When I download things normally they chug along about 4MB/s and download fairly quickly
However I am downloading a game from EA's origin and was chugging at 1.7MB/s then its been getting slower and slower and now its going at 23KB/s
Steam downloads download very quickly.

I am using a wired connection and no one else is using the internet.

Does BT throttle Akami CDN stuff?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
bartman1967
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: EA's origin slow downloads

It sound like a routing or EA problem, I say this because I can d/l from them really quick when my connection was at peak performance, but also above.net also has a history of peering problems.

But I will see what others say first Smiley Happy

What's slow about FTTC........DLM 😞
0 Ratings
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

@bartman1967 wrote:

It sound like a routing or EA problem, I say this because I can d/l from them really quick when my connection was at peak performance, but also above.net also has a history of peering problems.

I think it was a routing problem, Rebooted the router and computer and speeds are running flat out now.

0 Ratings
jimmehr
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

@jimmehr wrote:

@bartman1967 wrote:

I think it was a routing problem, Rebooted the router and computer and speeds are running flat out now.

Scratch that, Speeds have gone slow again :'(

0 Ratings