Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 1 of 12

EE signal box.

Go to solution
hi does anyone know if a bt mobile phone
will work via a EE signal box?
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: EE signal box.

Go to solution
Very good question, I would like to know that as well so I can switch from Vodafone. I use Sure Signal with that but at half the price would like to switch to BT Mobile. No flipping mobile signal unless you go out in the street. Hey Ho.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

I have a EE Signal box and run my BT sim though it no problem. BT Don't support it, and EE dont like to give them out. Buying them off ebay is dangerous as EE often refuse to activate them.

But I now have a full BT 3G signal in my house thanks to the signal box.

Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution
That's good to hear. just set one up for a friend who had to contact EE for them to activate it. user guide seems to suggest any one on EE, orange or T mobile who is in range would be able to make calls over it. not tried it myself yet.
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

My EE Signal Box, doesn't seem to work with a BT SIM. Anyone know why this might be so? (It works fine with another EE mobile).

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
Have you registered it with EE?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Yes, the Signal Box works fine withan EE 'phone I have, but not with a separate 'phone using a BT SIM

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

I found the singal box from EE (1st Gen) more of an hindrance than help..

I would often find that my phone (with a BT sim) would take ages to connect but then it was hit and miss with my EE work phone too. I used to find switching the handset off and then back on leaving it worked after about 10 mins.

In the end, I just unplugged the thing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

It's very good with EE, just no signal at all on the BT SIM??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

I should point out, I have a second generation EE signal box that has worked flawlessly at work, but the first generation one at home is pointless and my iphpne wont stay connected.

Unfortunatly, BT don't support the EE box and EE will not want to help with an BT Sim.  Do you know anyone else on BT that could come and try connecting to your box? Other than getting a replacement sim Im not sure what you can do

0 Ratings