Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

EMAIL Suspension problem

Go to solution

Hi,

I have 3 email accounts with BT (btinternet.com addresses) that I have been using for over 15 years.

Until recently, I also had 3 broadband accounts with BT, but in October i cancelled one of those.

My 3 email addresses (that were not linked to the broadband account that was cancelled) are now under threat of deletion.

I have tried to ask BT to move them to a premium email service, or alternatively attach them to one of my other BT accounts, with absolutely no joy at all.

What seems to have happened is that these email accounts have become 'orphaned', not linked to any of the paid for services that I have with BT, and therefore BT are going to delete them.

After 15 years of using those addresses, deletion will create absolute chaos, credit card expry notices, business proposals etc etc will all go missing.

Has anybody else had a similar problem, and if so, can it be solved?

Regards

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: EMAIL Suspension problem

Go to solution

Your email accounts should be able to be "associated" to one of your broadband accounts. 

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take over 48 hours for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

It would be fantastic to speak to somebody who can help.

i am at my wits end!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @BGF sorry your email addresses have not been linked to your broadband account.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks John............i have done as you suggested.

Regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

John,

The 'contact the mods' button seems to have got lost on this problem thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/EMAIL-Suspension-problem/m-p/1686197.

I am in desperate need of urgent urgent help. BT are telling me that in 2 days time they will shut down 3 email accounts that I have been using for over 15 years.

xxxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com

xxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com and xxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com.

These emails are deeply embedded in my personal and proffesional life and losing them will cost me significant sums of money, and create a huge amount of work as I try and back fill all suppliers and agencies with different contact details.

I have 2 current broadband accounts with BT one of which is xxxxxxxx. Both accounts are (and always have been) up-to-date and are in good standing.

Although I dont know for sure, I think the root of this issue lies many many years ago. My employer used to supply my broadband, and I purchased my btinternet email addresses via monthly subscription. When I resigned (about 6-7 years ago) I signed up to BT broadband, and these 3 email addresses should have come as part of that package.

I dont think that happened.

There is apparently a BT Premium email account somewhere, that I was unaware of, that holds these email accounts. This 'account' seems to have accrued some arrears (even though broadband account holders dont pay for email and BT have my direct debit details), has therefore been shut down.

This has led to BT deciding to close down my email accounts (even though I am paying for them via 2 different broadband accounts), and they also seem to have sent the debt collectors in, claiming I owe about £35!!!!! A sum I would gladly pay to get me email addresses back.

BT Complaints department have a standard 'we will call you back' policy, they always do call back, to tell you that they will call you back again'. This cycle has now been going on for 6 weeks or so, and BT are due to cancel my email addresses in 2 days.

BTy wont issue me with a deadlock letter, and in any event I dont have time to wait for an ombudsman. BT are going to cause me material financial harm in 2 days, and will not even speak with me about it.

Moderator Neil has been trying to reach me on xxxxxxxxxx, I urgently urgently need some sensible assitance. I can also be reached on xxxxxxxxxxxxx@btinternet.com...........at least for a couple of days...........

Can somebody please help me out?

Kind regards

Steve

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @BGF Sorry this is still not sorted. I will update Neil and he will be back in touch with you shortly.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings