Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 55

Re: EO Lines in entire township

You need moderator assistance.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 32 of 55

Hi @Leehebrides Sorry you are not able to get this order placed.

We will be happy to help look into what's wring here if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Please include your full address as listed on the Royal Mail website on the form to help us. 

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 33 of 55

Thank you details sent.

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 34 of 55

Hello Mr Coleman,

Thank you for your email.

In response to your query regarding fibre availability, I have investigated your address in our network database records.

Your property is connected to Exchange LOCHEPORT which is fibre enabled however distribution point 1 isn’t included in fibre roll out plan.

As you may know we normally provide fibre via a green cabinet that you see by the road side. Unfortunately your property fall into a small proportion of homes businesses that are served directly by your local exchange, by what we call an exchange only or EO line.

We do hope this position will change in future once your telephone line converted through a green cabinet.

We can only suggest you to please do keep an eye on our website http://www.homeandwork.openreach.co.uk/when-can-i-get-fibre.aspx. for updates.

This the email mail I received from my openreach query, so they have either just checked the same data base I have and it's has not been updated or I am really out of luck, the only house within the township that can,t get it and I am 10 feet from the box.

So if the boxs is so close, would I be able to get Fibre to to the Premises the distance is only at max 20 feet from the box to the centre of my house.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 55

no it will still be fibre to cabinet
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 36 of 55

So even if I paid openreach to put Fibre from the box to my home as I said 30 feet max I would not be able to get broadband,, severs me running that for living paradise I suppose .

thanks for all the help, just sourcing twoway satellite more expensive and with a 40gb cap but if it's the only way to go 22mbs is better than 2mbps

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 37 of 55

That's a generic response from them.

They're not a team who will have checked that there has been copper rearrangement and that your property records are not matching what's in the ground.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 38 of 55

My wife came up with an interesting  question, if we paid to have another telephone line put in to our house now that there is a street cab would it come from that cab and then we be able able to have broadband connected to that, just looking for alternative solutions

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 39 of 55

It would likely be fed from the same DP. You'll find that the cable running to your home has more than one pair in it.

Have you had a response from the mods yet?
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 40 of 55

It's only just 48 hours so not yet, but happy to be getting some help, I am running out of options. I am find it grossly unfair that 15 out of the 16 house can get BB and me right in the middle and next to the cab cannot, to such an extend I have emailed my local MP and our newly elected councillor to see if they can help

0 Ratings