Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 55

Re: EO Lines in entire township

Wait for the mods to look into it.

As I've said, the Openreach teams answering the queries often do basic checks and not the kind of indepth network routing and rearrangement checks that need to be done in a situation such as this.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 42 of 55

I keep trying to give you a star webby for your help , but it seems once i have give one i can,t give another, so thankyou very much for your help, i know I am being a pain but I am so frustrated with it all.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 43 of 55

Hi @Leehebrides and thanks for posting.

@JohnC2 has picked up your email and has been trying to contact you. He'll try again shortly.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 44 of 55

Many thanks, John spoke to my wife this morning and as surmised corrected what we hope is the error in the Data base which was our address, good old Royal Mail, the place has only been here 200 years , so fingers crossed and thank you all again for such great help. This forum works 

can i I leave the solved bit for a a week or so to see if this works.

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 45 of 55

Well though I live in hope it's a data base error, I spoke to a openreach engineer this morning who was working in the box connecting people, he had a quick look at the wiring coming from my house and going into the ground, said I was as far as he could see connected straight tou the exchange 100m away , so no chance of Broadband, he said there is another house in the next village along, just the same box 10 feet from his garden but he cannot get connection, he urged me not to let it rest and complain, but apart from my MP and councillors who would even listen.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 46 of 55

just let the mods deal with it for you
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 47 of 55

Well I think the mods have done there job and very well and quickly as my address is now listed and I cannot get Broadband on that line as it's EO.

is it really not possible to order a new telephone line to be put in to the house that comes from where everyone else's does now, I am quite willing to pay as as soon as the rest of village is connected , my wireless ISP will be closing , so I will have no broadband at all unless I install satellite.  I getting to the stage of just having everything from BT taken out, I can use my mobile for calls and the land lineis no use for anything else.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 48 of 55

Contact the superfast scotland /highlands and islands enterprise as they have paid for the cabinet and likely your property has been missed out in error.

As they have paid Openreach for the work on the basis that all properties in the postcode will be covered, they should have some power to get Openreach to sort it out.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 49 of 55

Sorry not been back for a while, as we now have our MP helping out with this, we have worked out why we were not connected away from an EO line. We have one line from the exchange which spilts with a dac 2 into 7 line which includes the BT telephone box outside the front door of my shop, the engineer who dis the last lot of work told us it was done as the easiest option when work was done on the road and was supposed to be temporary.

i have contacted HIE and this must be the strangest advice I have heard, ask your neighbor who has BT broadband to have a new telephone line put in to there premises for you, then order B.B. then purchase wireless senders to mount on both houses and beam broadband to your home.

1. Would you taken on another line for someone else , it’s at that address so if we stopped paying the bill, they would get the bad credit ratings ect.

2.we would be broadcasting and as far I can see would require a licence to do so.

all this when there is a cab against my wall, that everyone else is connected to.

so I am waiting for openreach to come back to my MP with what they can do, however it’s looking like I be heading down the EE 4g mobile data route with modem in the loft

0 Ratings
Leehebrides
Contributor
Message 50 of 55

Well some times things work. Woke up this morning to the cable services contractor for BT digging up the EO cables to my house and connecting them to the green box, some times making a fuss and going to Your MP works. I have to vote for him next time. Off to make the lads a coffee as it’s blowing a gale out side

0 Ratings