cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
edsib1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

EPG IS A DISGRACE

Whoever supplies the EPG are completely inept. If I was in charge of BT TV I would be embarrassed at the rubbish service I provide to my paying customers. Cant even provide an accurate EPG - surely one of the most basic components of a TV service !!

So many programs are wrong in the guide

Today for example on Sky Sports 1:-

4:45- 7:15 EFL Wolves V Brighton

7:15 - 10:15 - EFL Wolves V Brighton 

It should of course be

7:15 - 10:15 EFL Newcastle V Leeds

The guide is of course correct on SKY TV !!

This is before we even get on the main problem that when live sport overruns the recordings just stop - instead of automatically extending like they do on a sky box.

SORT IT OUT - ITS BEEN LIKE THIS FOR YEARS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
jam2000
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: EPG IS A DISGRACE

Sky TV would be for providing details for their channel
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

1. Sky are responsible for supplying the epg data for their channels on Youview. Therefore, it is Sky, NOT BT, who should be embarassed. Some suspect its a deliberate ploy by Sky as if they had their way they'd most likely remove their channels from the BT/Youview epg (but there's no proof of that of course).

2. I agree that the recordings/schedule change implementation on BT TV is a total mess. It has already been mentioned that if the epg change is made whilst the recording is already in progress the software doesn't recognise the change and so stops the recording according to the original time. Definitely falling way behind Sky/most basic pvr devices on that one.

I suppose you could argue that BT TV/Youview is cheap for a reason?!?

Recently I had an edition of 'Premier League Review' scheduled for record on BT Sport, the time was changed to allow for a live sport over-run, and instead of the box tracking the programme change (as is done on Sky's boxes), the box decided not to follow the change and dumped the programme entirely (it didn't pick up on the next recording as it would be expected to do).

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@edsib1  You may be interested in this thread on the Youview community

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/sky-sports-epg-errors

I believe the  wrong match details you highlighted was posted in that thread a week ago.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 5 of 5

@jam2000 wrote:
Sky TV would be for providing details for their channel

That's  no excuse, they could check the details with Skys' published guide ?

I still use the Sky app and web based guide quite a lot, their programme descriptions are on average better than BT YouView and the app is free, I'm suprised Sky don't charge for it to be honest.

0 Ratings