cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

EXHAUSTED!!! 25 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR INSTALL!

Well its got to the point where i think ive just about had it with BT im appalled by them now!!!up to now ive been kept well informed as to what's been going on without me having to ring them .Then Last Friday the day that finally i was gonna get my final appointment (the 4th appointment) i was told yet another excuse/reason as to why this wasn't going to happen and that it will take 48 hrs to sort, so tuesday will now be the day i get my appointment, i was then sent a text with a number and to call  if it wasn't sorted by tuesday which is when they were suppose to ring me again with an update but i didn't get the call (the 1ST time)?

so i called the number i got texted and its the infinity call centre in Dundee well guess what? the problem still persists and that they sent a request but it still hasn't been answered so it could well be another 48 hrs until openreach respond, i asked for a manager to call me back because the person at the call centre was just not bothered atall about my situation and sounded uninterested,well that didn't happen either.

My MAC code runs out on the 20th that will be a month since i ordered, just over infact!!! i ordered 17th march.And just to add insult to injury my BT account states that the total order was complete on the 7th april(my 3rd appointment date)and they will be taking the 1st month broadband payment off me by DD on the 23rd april. I KNOW ITS HARD TO BELIEVE BUT ITS ALL TRUE!!!

SO I WARN ANYONE THINKING OF DEALING WITH BT THINK HARD AND LONG???

days off work,3 engineer appointments,25 days and counting for install,paying for a service i havnt got and uninterested customer services and managers not returning calls.WELCOME TO BT!!!

WATCHDOG,CISAS,OFFICE OF FAIR TRADING AND THE MAN HIMSELF IAN LIVINGSTON. all getting emails.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: EXHAUSTED!!! 25 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR INSTALL!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I read through your thread Boostmonkey like you say similar in alot of ways,only i wished id read your thread earlier as i mite have got things done sooner(infact i don't know how i missed it).Ive had some progress today but im not saying anything as im still waitng for some concrete confirmation.

Good luck with it anyway. let me know how you get on.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Not well, see the update in my thread.

How about you?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 5 of 9

Well finally got a new date of the 21st which was past my MAC date but ive been assured thats not a problem now with whatever they've done, so just wait and see now s'pose. BUT im not taking anything for granted.

Ill be keeping this thread updated!!!

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

See my thread mivanp, I'm sorted!

But to get there I had to speak directly to the MD of Customer Services.

Good luck on the 21st.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

cheers man ill take a look!!!

Although you shouldnt have to go through what weve had to.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Just to conclude i am now on day 7 after install and after ironing out a few small details all up and running.

Thanx to members on here and to the moderators that helped along the way.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

You will never get your Infinity mate... Think about the word INFINITY... The trick was put by the BT in the word itself!!! Haha, good job, they certainly managed to confuse plenty of people :)!!! Nice April prank, it worked!

0 Ratings