cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

EXTERNAL LINE ATTACHED TO PROPERTY

I am writing on behalf of my elderly sister-in-law who has been tearing her hair out this week with both BT and Openreach.  Some time ago it was decided to fit new telephone cables from the poles to the properties and this was done whilst she was not in the house.  Instead of attaching where the old cable was they have attached to the fascia board and it is now slowly pulling it away from the house.  She has spent hours this week being sent from her provider to Openreach both of whom say it is the responsibility of the other party.  In the not too distant future this cable is going to pull off completely and will without a shadow of a doubt injure some passing walker or damage a passing vehicle.  Can someobdy tell me who is responsible for this and perhaps a correct telephone number to contact.  I would very much appreciate your help to solve her problem.  Many thanks - Jean Marriner

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: EXTERNAL LINE ATTACHED TO PROPERTY

Its Openreach who look after the external network, but unless there is a fault, you are likely to be charged.

http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellussomethingaboutournetwork/tellab...

0 Ratings