cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevei
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Elderly mothers number was changed!

So my 75 year old mother, who has been a BT customer for 45 years, and has had the same number all that time, today found out that for the SECOND TIME IN LESS THAN A YEAR, her number has been "reassigned" to someone else! No warning, no notification, no explanation ... All of a sudden nobody can contact her! She lives in a small remote village, and doesn't drive ... The phone is literally her life line! I just tried to call the "24 hour a day 365 day a year" customer service number that is listed on bt.com, but got a message saying "sorry, we're closed right now"! WTF?

Anyone got any advice how to go about dealing with this ... Because it seems like the offshore "we'll have to charge toy 95 pounds for that" isn't even worth a call! Last time she eventually resorted to writing to the chairman of BT, and it worked! Days later she had senior managers contacting her and the problem did get sorted, but it took a couple if weeks! Not good enough.

Any suggestions!
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
NeilO
Message 2 of 2

Re: Elderly mothers number was changed!

Hi stevei,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry about the problems with your mothers line. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your mothers details and we'll be happy to help you with this. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings