Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MikeGB
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Email BT?

Hi,

Not sure if I am asking this in theright place but I have been looking for some way to email BT but have not found anything, can anyone help?
Was interested in moving to BT but have several questions and have problems using a phone, did try it and got someone with, what I think was quite a heavy Irish accent and missed a lot of what she was saying.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Email BT?

Welcome to the forum. You can get somewhere by clicking Contact BT at the bottom of this page, but you might do better as a first step to put your questions here, choosing the appropriate boards for technical queries. This is essentially a customer to customer forum with a wealth of experience, good and bad, available and BT moderators on hand to help out when necessary.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
MikeGB
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Hi,

I had tried the contactBT links but just seemed to keep going round in circles and never did see an email address or contact form. Also tried searching the BT help pages but don't think I came across anything that seemed relevant to any of my questions.

Put one question in the TV forum section but not really sure where the rest might fit :

1, When I started with the thing to check what was available a bit came up saying not all packages were available to us but it disappeared when I scrolled down the page and haven't seen anything more about it so would like to know about that before proceeding.
2, Saw something at one point when I was looking for info that said BT would pay any charges for leaving an existing contract early with another ISP but then lost it and haven't seen any reference to anything like this in any of the packages I have looked at, does it apply.
3, Have seen a few things about people not getting anywhere near the quoted speeds with infinity, can a contract be cancelled in such a situation.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 15

enter your address and post the results  remember to delete your address  this will show what connections are available to you  https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/main.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MikeGB
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Something strange went on when I tried to paste the table off the ADSL checker so tried to insert  a pic but it has disappeared so the following is just plain text.

High Low High Low
FTTC Range A (Clean) 38.5 27.4 7.5 5.7 -- Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted) 28.9 15 6.9 2.4 -- Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 7 -- 4.5 to 11 Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 7 Up to 1 4.5 to 11 Available
ADSL Max Up to 5.5 -- 4 to 8 Available
WBC Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Fixed Rate 2 -- -- Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast -- -- -- Available
Copper Multicast -- -- -- Available

Been doing a couple of searches on some of the terms in this, is there any way to find out if our line is 'impacted' or the location of the cabinet we are connected to?

Our current connection usually shows at around 15 Mbps in speed tests so it may not be worth switching if we have an impacted line at the low end of the range.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Which exchange and cabinet number

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
MikeGB
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Bedale, NEBDL, cabinet 3.

Went for a look at a couple of cabinets that I think are nearest last night but didn't see any numbers, though it was getting a bit dark, and neither looked like the pictures of fibre cabinets that were coming up in my searches for info.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 15

the numbers are normally on the old PCP not the new fibre cabinet  there appears a cab at junction of Burrill Rd and Marsham Rd

0 Ratings
MikeGB
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

I noticed that one when passing earlier but it appears to be an ordinary cabinet, I understood that the fibre ones were different.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

The fibre cabs are different but it is the older PCP that has the number painted on - like this. The fibre cab may not be right beside the old PCP but is normally close by. I think it could be up to 100m

20130423_135623.jpg

0 Ratings