cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Email Blacklisting - New IP address

Not sure if I am on the right forum. I work from home and have a dedicated email address etc hosted by HeartUK. Every 2 weeks or so I keep getting blacklisted by dnsbl etc saying that the ip address has been listed of sending spam etc. I have an imac 2014 running mavericks. My provider said You can get around this by either contacting your ISP and requesting a new IP address. Please advise as it is getting very frustrating whem email keeps getting rejected by clients servers.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email Blacklisting - New IP address

everytime you disconnect from internet and reconnect you get a new ip address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email Blacklisting - New IP address

Unfortunately you have dynamic IP addresses if you are a BT residential customer. This means, as imjoly has said, it changes every time you disconnect and re-connect to the internet  If you work from home and a static IP address is important to you, you should consider getting a business account with BT and you can have a static IP address.

See Link

http://business.bt.com/packages/broadband-and-phone/static-ip/

0 Ratings