Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
foolish
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email Header problems

Hi Folks

Have a problem with my primary email address! when I try to send an email prior to my email address the words Honda Award appear, this appears to convert my email to spam. It is only for this email address other sub accounts are fine and it is not limited to one computer as if I log on on my sons laptop the same header appears but my sons emails do not have the problem. Any suggestions what to do to remove this tried a variety of anti virus and malware options none find anything wrong. thanks in hope

foolish

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email Header problems

@foolish wrote:

Hi Folks

Have a problem with my primary email address! when I try to send an email prior to my email address the words Honda Award appear, this appears to convert my email to spam. It is only for this email address other sub accounts are fine and it is not limited to one computer as if I log on on my sons laptop the same header appears but my sons emails do not have the problem. Any suggestions what to do to remove this tried a variety of anti virus and malware options none find anything wrong. thanks in hope

foolish

Hi.

Are you using webmail, or a mail client program such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Windows Mail ?

It seems like you may be using webmail, in which case within webmail :-

Options/Mail (or More) Options/Accounts. Click on the BTYahoo! account item or if already showing look at the "From Name".

You can alter this to suit.

However, even with "Honda Award" appearing, it should not necessarily cause emails to be spam.

If you have never set this item like this, then it could be that your account has been hacked. Also go to POP & Forwarding to make sure nothing is set in the forwarding area. If it is, then make a note of the email address and then you can inform the abuse desk of the actual mail address hosts.

0 Ratings
foolish
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Many thanks seem to have found the problem Honda award was in the from name box and virot@w.cn was in the reply to box I presume this was what was causing the spam warning.

You mention informing the abuse desk of the email address host but if I read this right it is a web site not an email address. 

Many thanks for your help

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@foolish wrote:

Many thanks seem to have found the problem Honda award was in the from name box and virot@w.cn was in the reply to box I presume this was what was causing the spam warning.

You mention informing the abuse desk of the email address host but if I read this right it is a web site not an email address. 

Many thanks for your help

Hi again.

Make sure that you change the account password. The reply to address is Chinese (not unexpected), and probably not worth pursuing.

If you happen to use things like social websites (e.g. facebook etc), make sure that any privacy options are locked down. Sometimes these sites want items that are actualy part of the security answers for webmail addresses.

Indeed have a look here :-

http://www.419scam.org/emails/2010-08/06/00001131.1.htm

0 Ratings