cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NikMad
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Email Issue

Coming up with a problem when trying to log into my email account and keep getting met by the following same page despite already changing my password and having one of the anti-virus softwares listed. Can't see any way to get past this and it is extremely distressing. Guidance / tips on how to get past this ridiculous page would be appreciated.

http://www.bt.com/static/includes/account/email/index.html?

You're logged in to BT Yahoo

Make sure your BT Yahoo email is secure
We've detected some unusual activity on your email account, and we think it may be compromised. As a precautionary measure, please follow the steps below to ensure your account is secure.

Step 1

Download anti-virus software

The first step is to download up-to-date anti-virus software and complete a full system scan on each of your devices.

Even if you already have anti-virus software, in some instances it can fail to detect certain viruses, so its best to double check by downloading another anti-virus software. You can get further advice on our website at bt.com/secure

If you're a BT Broadband customer, you can log in to My BT to download BT NetProtect Plus. If not, we recommend downloading one of these free anti-virus software packages: McAfee Stinger, Microsoft Security Essentials or Sophos Antivirus for Mac.

Step 2

Change your BT Yahoo password

Once you are sure that all your devices are virus-free, you need to change your BT Yahoo password. Make sure you choose a strong password that you haven't used before. You can get advice on choosing a strong password.

change passwordStep 3

You're now ready to log in to BT Yahoo using your new password.

Log back into BT Yahoo!Step 4

Update your password on your email client and/or devices

If you use an email client such as Microsoft Outlook or Mac Mail, you will need to update your password. You'll also need to update your password on any mobile or tablet devices which you use to check your BT Yahoo Mail.

Get help with updating your password at www.bt.com/emailsetup

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email Issue

Try deleting your browser history and cookies.

Have you tried using your old password?

Have you tried this log on page?

https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

and if that doesn't work have you tried the Yahoo log on page?

https://login.yahoo.com/

0 Ratings
donna1501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

yes thats what i am getting every couple of days too.  I usually login via Google Chrome and via an app on my android and ipad devices.  Clearly the changes going on in the background are affecting things - but it is very frustrating as i now cannot log into anything because i cant reset my password.  and "waiting a few days" as i saw on another post isnt really an option.

I will try an IE browser to see if i can change my password now.

0 Ratings
donna1501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

using chrome and logging in via the yahoo link posted above worked with my current password, took me to the yahoo home page and i could click on mail and open my mail page and it looks exactly as I would expect - but i never login via that webpage - i thought we were moving away from yahoo as I had to split flickr out months ago onto a new yahoo account? 

using https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform i got the splash screen advising the mail is is changing soon then took me into my usual mail page

Having logged into the webpage successfully my android has now connected.

What a faff!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

@donna1501 wrote:

using chrome and logging in via the yahoo link posted above worked with my current password, took me to the yahoo home page and i could click on mail and open my mail page and it looks exactly as I would expect - but i never login via that webpage - i thought we were moving away from yahoo as I had to split flickr out months ago onto a new yahoo account? 

using https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform i got the splash screen advising the mail is is changing soon then took me into my usual mail page

Having logged into the webpage successfully my android has now connected.

What a faff!

Glad that helped you.

Yahoo are making changes to their email interface which would appear to have broken the link from the BT log on page that normally takes you to Yahoo if you are still a BTYahoo user.

0 Ratings
lewisconquer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Is yours a BTYahoo Premium account. If so the problem occrs when you try to log in via the BT pages. Try loggin in using login/yahoo.com/ So far I have gone about 5 days without a password reset request.

0 Ratings
donna1501
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

so when will it get fixed / or when will BT finally complete the mail transfer they have been doing for a couple of years now?

It also seems i need to delete my mail account apps and use BT Yahoo app only.. maybe thats the only way potentially around this?

0 Ratings