Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email Login Problem - At my wits end BT

Has anyone else had this problem?

From 10 May I have been unable to log in to my primary BT email account. I go to the login page enter the email addrress and password press the login button and the screen "resets" itself and deletes the details I have entered. I have tried resetting the password but this does not work.

Yesterday I wasted over an hour chatting and the telephoning BT custmer "help" and got no-where. In the end I just hung up in despair after being transferred for the 3rd time.

I know the email account works because Microsoft Outlook can acccess my emails. Oddly my sub-accounts DO work via the webmail login.

Please can someone advise how this problem can be fixed.

Thanks.

Smiley Mad

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email Login Problem - At my wits end BT

Hi @Andy_S1,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems with the email log in. I'll be hapopy to lend a hand with this so can you drop me over an email with the details? You'll find the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Try logging in through the login.yahoo.com and check out your profile page. I have had similar problems and it looks like the account has been compromised. Change your password and make sure all your info is correct.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@KMScot wrote:

Try logging in through the login.yahoo.com and check out your profile page. I have had similar problems and it looks like the account has been compromised. Change your password and make sure all your info is correct.

Hi.

The login via yahoo.com will only work if the user's account has not been migrated to BTMail.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for the advice.

I have sent a message to the Moderators and am waiting for (hopefully) a resolution, but still can't access emails via web mail login!

0 Ratings