Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chrisw74
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email Password Reset Woes

Hi

One of my customers has lost access to sending emails on her iPad (she can receive but cant send), We tried to login to Webmail to see if the password was correct, however, it was not accepting the password that she thought it was, we tried to reset the password ourselves but it would not accept the security answers.

We called BT and they said they were also having trouble trying to reset the password, they said that the email team would call back in 20-25 minutes, but they did not call back, I called again and spoke to an Irish Person who said we would just have to wait for them to call back, I explained that as I was a visiting consultant trying to help a customer and could not wait an indefinate amount of time. I asked to be put through to a supervisor and he just hung up, I call back and Spoke to an Indian Lady who said she would call me back and transfer me to the email department (when I asked why she could not just transfer me there and then she said the transfer on her phone was not working), a collegue did call back and promptly transferred me to the Customer Options Team, I called back again and got the email dept who said someone would definately call back in 20 minutes, again I waited another 20 minutes and no one called back.

We also noticed that BT had the customers title as MR instead of MRS and whilst we asked every agent to correct and they all said they would, it was only after the 4th Call the title was corrected.

As as this point 4 hours later no one has called back, the way my customer has been treated has been totally disgusting, we all pay good money to BT and are often force to go through this farce and still not get anything sorted.

Please could someone here pick up this case for me and deal with it and help me get my customer back into her email.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
DavidM
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email Password Reset Woes

Hi @chrisw74 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry it's taking so long to get your customers email sorted. Can you please ask her to register on the community and we'll do our best to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
chrisw74
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi David

Unfortunately she is not computer savvy also is unable to register as she doesnt have a working email address she has asked me to handle this for her I have her details if this helps or I could get her to give her authority for me to deal with this.

Regards

Chris

0 Ratings
arankin
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Hello

I have managed to register the account as you requested, please can you help?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 5 of 7

Hi @arankin and welcome to the forum.

I'm sure we'll be able to help with this. Can you please send me over an email with your details and I'll look into this for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile. We're very busy at present so it's taking longer than expected to reply but once you submit the details we'll get to you in turn.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
arankin
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

We have just had a call from India to say that it should now be working, just waiting for chrisw74 to pop over and test it, will keep you posted

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 7

Thanks for the update @arankin. Let me know if you need any help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings