cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Email Picture Icon

I log in to my e-mail through Yahoo.com with a btinternet.com e-mail address.........it's just easier for me this way as the nightmare stories with BT and our e-mail addresses are just endless.

A week ago this 'female' icon appeared when I logged in - the blue bubble effects are hiding my e-mail address. I don't like it, I didn't ask for it and I find it patronising and sexist. Has this icon appeared on anyone else's BT Yahoo account? Does anyone know who I can get in touch with to ask how to get it removed please? I look forward to any replies, thank you. regards sjohno

Yahoo3jpg.jpg

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Email Picture Icon

Do you see it if you log on here

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 22

@sjohno wrote:

I log in to my e-mail through Yahoo.com with a btinternet.com e-mail address.........it's just easier for me this way as the nightmare stories with BT and our e-mail addresses are just endless.

A week ago this 'female' icon appeared when I logged in - the blue bubble effects are hiding my e-mail address. I don't like it, I didn't ask for it and I find it patronising and sexist. Has this icon appeared on anyone else's BT Yahoo account? Does anyone know who I can get in touch with to ask how to get it removed please? I look forward to any replies, thank you. regards sjohno

Hi, welcome to the forums.

You are seeing something from Yahoo, not BTYahoo - using the Yahoo system. Your best bet is to login using the link by

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 22

bt.JPG

Hi

Not on the logging in stage but the icon still apears in the top right hand corner of the e-mail page.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Click on the cog wheel, select settings and then basic view see if that gets rid of it.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Hi

Thank you for the help.

It did change to a very very Basic view with no icon and not very nice to look at e-mail page.

I logged out and signed back in again to find it the e-mail page back with the icon and with the settings I had before the Basic view settings. Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 22

@sjohno wrote:

Hi

Thank you for the help.

It did change to a very very Basic view with no icon and not very nice to look at e-mail page.

You must be joking, I never use webmail but if I did, the basic view is far superior to all the rubbish on the new view.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 22

It would appear that what you are seeing is your avatar.

If you log onto your email and go to settings then account info then personal info. It should show your name and a picture which is your avatar and I suspect is the same as the one you are complaining about..

Click on the picture and it will open the folder where the picture is stored where you should be able to either delete it or change it for another.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 22

Hi

Thank you for the info, I followed your instructions and on clicking the Account Info I was taken to this, there is no option/link for Personal Info - I have blanked out the details that were in the boxes.Inkedbtyahoo_LI.jpg

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 22

I am not on the BTYahoo system so I was trying it on a Yahoo email account which may be laid out differently.

When you log onto your BTYahoo account can you click on your name at the top right hand side. If you can, click on your name and scroll down to "account info" and if that brings up your profile you can then follow my previous post.

0 Ratings