Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 22

Re: Email Picture Icon

@sjohno wrote:

bt.JPG

Hi

Not on the logging in stage but the icon still apears in the top right hand corner of the e-mail page.

Thank you.

Ahh I see.

Your initial picture looked to be a browser login display for various accounts - e.g. vanilla yahoo rather than BTYahoo. However the one above is BTYahoo email login.

I wonder if it could be a browser cache issue, possibly a cookie.

I couldn't see any option to alter the avatar in BTYahoo mail.

Can you recall if you did use Yahoo at some stage, or someone else on your computer using it for a different email?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 22

I think the Yahoo avatar carries over from any Yahoo account such as messenger etc.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 22

Hi gg30340

Thank you. The below image shows what I get when I click on my name Smiley Surprised

Inked2_LI.jpg

If I click on the cog wheel, the following options appear with the 'Account Info' listed.

Inked3_LI.jpg

And when you click on 'Account info' I get taken to this

4.JPG

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Hello

The icon appeared about 2 weeks ago, it has never been there before and about a month ago I did clear all Temporary files.

I have been using the BT Yahoo e-mail since 2015 as I was having nightmare problems with BT emails and Microsoft Outlook/BT messing about with e-mail addresses etc etc. It was BT who advised me to use the BT Yahoo.

No there is no-one else who uses my Desktop/e-mail and I have not had any problems with being 'hacked' or clicked on any 'false e-mail links'.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Unfortunately, as I said, I am not on the BTYahoo system so  am unable to "play about" with it to see how to change it. 

Do you by any chance use the Yahoo email app on a mobile device?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 22

I'm still on BTYahoo and the only way to get rid of the avatar is by using basic view. In the other view my avatar is just the standard blank.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Hi gg30340

I do use the the Yahoo email app on my iPhone and below is what I get in the Account Info. It is getting quite frustrating because something that can be sorted out quite easily just isn't happening Smiley Frustrated

I did not request this icon, I didn't upload this icon, it appeared and I do not like it.

InkedIMG_5456_LI.jpgYahoo email app on my iPhone

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

If it is on the Yahoo app it obviously has nothing to do with BT and would appear to be Yahoo that has caused your problem.

However, try changing the avatar image on the app by tapping on the camera symbol in the middle of the avatar and it should either allow you to delete it or at least change it.

Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 22

Hi,

The only way to change this picture inside your webmail is via the Yahoo mobile app. There is no way to delete it but you can change it to something else - a blank photo should you wish.

on the ios mobile app - if you swipe left - then click manage accounts - choose your account which has this avatar and click Account info underneath it - when you click it - you may get an error with an OK button which takes you back to the original screen -  if you are quick enough - tap the circle and then a pop up appears asking you to upload a photo which should work. You may need a few attempts on this to get that pop up as the error is really annoying. Then on webmail - the photo gets updated.

Worst experience ever but should get rid of that avatar.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Thank you. I have been trying your suggestion several times and have given up lol, I'm unable to get to tap the circle before the error message appears 🤦‍♀️ .