cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email Pop Up Box - Need Help Driving Me Bonkers!!!

Hi All

Not had reason to write on here for ages until now...

For the past few weeks every time we access our email accounts (btinternet.com) and scroll down the inbox to delete messages the following happens:

1.  So far down the inbox page, messages stop loading

2.  A 'Box' then appears at the top of the page stating 'Please Check Internet Connection, unable to communicate with inbox' ERROR 18

3.  You then close the Box and all your messages disappear from screen!?

4.  Not able to get them back, the only thing to do is log out completely.

Getting really cheesed off now, its not only my main account, but my partners sub account this is happening to...we're paying a fortune for this service so it should at least be working correctly...maybe we need to look elsewhere.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly received

Thanks all!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email Pop Up Box - Need Help Driving Me Bonkers!!!

Hi @pumagirl123,

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have. Do you have any problems accessing your emails through bt.com/mail? Or, do you solely have issues with an email client?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Hi DanielS

Access is through bt.com/mail log in page on PC, has been fine up until recently, then takes forever to load inbox and the constant pop up box telling you there's no connection etc.

I can access via iPhone and check messages that way OK, but prefer to delete messages from our main PC.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Thanks @pumagirl123.

Can you let me know what browser and operating system you're using? Also, can you check a different web page browser to see if the problem is across all browsers? Finally, if possible, it would also be beneficial if you could try log into your emails on a different secure PC or laptop within your home connection.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Hi Daniel

We're using Windows7 and browser is IE/Google usually logging in to emails through BT.com/Email log in page.

Have tried using Google Chrome today and it has been fine, emails loaded straight away and no message error18 box appearing.  Think this is due to Chrome's ad blocker, which blocked some 70+ ads whilst I was on there.

The only other thing was that when I logged off it went to the 'Yahoo' home page and not back to the BT.com home page that I had logged in with. Normally it goes straight to BT.com home page.  Annoying 

Will try using my laptop tomorrow with my home connection.

Thanks for your help

Annette 

Message 6 of 7

Thanks for that @pumagirl123.

If memory services me right, that error message used to pop up on Windows 7 for Microsoft driver issues which isn't a fault with your email service. That's why I wanted to make sure that it works on different devices and browsers and connections.

Let me know how you get on today please.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Hi Daniel

Have just accessed my emails through my laptop which runs Windows 7 Home Premium. Everything appeared to be OK viewing emails, scrolling down page, no pop up messages etc this was through IE/Google/BT Login Page and then tried Google Chrome which is much faster with no ads.  Confused as to why when I log out of emails through Chrome it re-directs me to Yahoo Home Page, when it doesn't via the other way, it goes straight to BT Home Page which is what I expect

Also, have a minute ago accessed email through PC again as above IE/Google/BT Login Page and struggled to load my inbox emails, went through then stopped loading with the little circle rotating thingy.  Logged out and went straight back to BT Home Page.

Hope you don't need anything too technical as I'm OK with most things, but technical savvy I am not

Thank you

0 Ratings