cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Email Problem getting worse (via WEBMAIL or Outlook or Smartphone)

Over the last few months, accessing my BT Yahoo emails either via Webmail or Outlook or Smartphone I am frequently getting "Invalid Username/Password".  BT have reset my account twice now, yet the problem still persists.  This problems happens both at home or work, using different network connections and different computers.  I can surf the web perfectly fine and retrieving work emails is fine, yet with "BT.Yahoo" its a constant problem.  Sometimes I can try again after a few minutes and all is OK.  Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this problem as its getting to the point of extreme frustration ! Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Email Problem getting worse (via WEBMAIL or Outlook or Smartphone)

try this link  http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/email-password-rejection/td-p/490755

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 6

Do you use auto collect on these devices?

if so, and they appen to clash ie two clients accessing email at the same time the account will crash and the password will be rejected. If you are using multiple devices then make each or all but one is set to manual collection of email. This solves the problem.

Also eamil should be set up, not as Yahoo mail but as straight forward pop3 mail.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Hi. I too have problems - I've posted here: http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/More-new-problems-with-quot-IE8-provided-by-BTYahoo-quot...

Steve31: Are you using XP or WIn 7? Is your browser IE8? Is it the "Windows Internet Explorer provided bt BT Yahoo!"?

It will interesting to see if there are common features behind these problems.,

0 Ratings
Taffy078
Expert
Message 5 of 6

sorry - just added the 'email me when . . ."

0 Ratings
Steve31
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Thankyou for your advice..... 🙂

I dont use auto collect on the devices and they are set-up as POP3. (Outlook 2007)

I spoke to BT helpdesk again this morning and all I get from them is "Yahoo Mail is working fine" and therefore it must be a problem "my end" !  This I cant understand as trying it on different machines, (XP or W7 or W8), and on different smart phones on different networks (3, O2 and Vodafone) I get the same issues, not everytime, but probably 7 out of 10 attempts fails. 

This issue has only happened in the last few months and getting worse, prior to this I have not had any problems for years!

0 Ratings