cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Email Server Problems

Agree with the above comments, still getting intermittent "server not responding" messages this morning.

Last time i contacted BT's email "help" department they told me they do not support windows live mail as it is Microsoft software.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

I've been following this thread in the hope that someone in BT is taking notice. The problem of not getting access to mail via Outlook started 15th June night-time and it still persists. It seemes to me that the problem with the IMAP server started when some 'up-grades' happened to it and no one checked to see if all was OK for us users.

NB I have followed all the advice given by the 'help' desk, still no joy. They have become very unhelpful when not even recording problems users are having and blaming MS Outlook for the problem! I have been reliably informed that the mail servers USE MS software, so shouldn't they be looked at?

I have only been able to access my email via Web-Mail, which is pretty poor for doing the types of things one can do with a mail client (Outlook etc).

BT do you have any answers at all to some very unhappy customers?

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Yes BT, please answer. I have several customers that are having issues with e-mails via your service. Is it that you want all users to use the web based emails so that you can bombard them with adverts, especially the advert that looks like it is the first message in their inbox. Do you not feel this is likely to confuse older people who trust BT and loyally use your services? If any of your answers are yes, then get your PR department to announce it on You and Yours BBC radio 4
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

It would seem that when the email servers had a software 'update' on the 15th June, that apparently the new IMAP & POP3 server software does not like having Captials & Symbols in the passwords! So now passwords have to have all letters in lower case, numbers are still allowed in as part of the password.

However this is a reduction in strength of passwords used!

Examples  - allowed:- pa55w0rds, but not allowed is :- Pa#55W0rd$

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 25

Interesting. But my pswd only contained lowercase letters and numbers, and yet the synch issues went on and on for several days. 

I also encountered a delay of 6- 7 hours for incoming emails on June 30th.  The sender did receive a bounce back indicating the message was subject to delays.  But it is rather annoying when you are expecting specifc traffic which does not appear in your inbox.

Will BT even adopt a Duty of Candour??

0 Ratings