cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liz2
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Email ~ Using own Domain Name email address...

Hi

We have our own Domain name email address and I cant work out how to set that in Outlook as the default mail sending address. Any ideas?

Thanks

Liz

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
raymie67
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: Email ~ Using own Domain Name email address...

select tools

then email accounts

then view or change existing....

and then click on the one you want as the default and press the "set as default" button

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Liz2
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thanks, but the email address has our old ISP details and I cant find how to change them to BT whilst still keeping the address... I have xxx @ BTinternet.com working, but really need our domain name one instead...
0 Ratings
interalia
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Is this what you mean, or any help?

http://btyahoo.com/smtpnonbt

I have a domain address (and other ISP's accounts) set up this way and going through the BT account.

(After setting them up, Raymie's steps above can set your domain address as the default.)

Or maybe this?

http://www0.more-solutions.co.uk/support/email-oesetup.html

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

@Liz2 wrote:

Hi

We have our own Domain name email address and I cant work out how to set that in Outlook as the default mail sending address. Any ideas?

Thanks

Liz

Hi Liz. Welcome to the forums.

Have a look at my shortcuts, options 0e - that may help the setup of a non BTinternet email address. It's not usually just a matter of entering the domain address in the "From" setting.

You can have more that one account setup in Outlook, and can choose which one to be the default as already mentioned.

0 Ratings