cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 38

Email about broadband ending today - what???

Hi moderators,

I've received a couple of really distressing emails this morning from Btcomms@bt.com

One is about a change in call plan taking effect today. But the other which is deeply worrying makes reference to my broadband and how it is ending today. It reference an order number and says 'we are sorry to see you go' etc etc

What? I don't want to cancel anything. My bt package is ticking along fine. I have not called asking for any of this or authorised this in anyway. Surely this is a mistake? Mybt I logged into and could see an order is in progress. I will be pretty angered if my broadband suddenly stops at some point today or from midnight. Please can a moderator urgently look into?

Regards, Wayne
0 Ratings
37 REPLIES 37
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 38

Re: Email about broadband ending today - what???

Did you change your plan, or start a new deal? Sometimes this message occurs if you have just re-negotiated a new deal, but it does not mean anything.

The moderators would take 5-6 working days to pick up your request.

Take a look at the order and see what it says.

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 38

Hi Keith, no I haven't changed anything at all. It's very worrying to see an email come through like this and I need re assurance my broadband is not going to just stop. I pay all my bills so I don't any reason for this to occur. I can give you all my details to check but obviously this is public forum so need a way of contacting with all this

Regards
Wayne
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 38

I suspect the first email about the calling plan change is the trigger point and caused the email about the broadband stopping. But I am very confused and mislead. I didn't initiate that myself and we are now concerned of a loss of out infinity 2 service some point today and in turn losing our bt sport package through sky.

Regards
Wayne
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 38

Unfortunately 5-6 days is not an option as I need someone looking at this today. With all due respect some overseas staff struggle to deal with complex queries so I need someone UK or Ireland based to deal with. The emails reference today as the day all this is happening, so waiting several days for response is no good in this scenario

Thanks
Wayne
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 38

I have emailed through the complaints method as I cannot accept the worry and concern over broadband stopping. If it is an error and an automated email due to a change in call plan that gets triggered then this is still unacceptable because everything is very misleading and confusing. Personally I have not made any changes, I want nothing to change. I'll accept a call plan improvement if it is financially beneficial but the end of the day I want my broadband to remain untouched. It works fine and we have no intention to cancel it. The enquiry ref is **Edited** so this can be expediated.

Regards,

Wayne

0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 38

Apologies Keith. In my haste and blind panic I mistook you for a moderator! Hence the quick fire posts.

It seems my issue is my account remains inexplicably entwined with the occupier of my old house. We moved further down same road and moved our BT package, a mess up meant we didn't retain our number and the other chap who also joined bt got it. But somewhere in the databases BT thinks my broadband acc is his and vice Versa. The numbers on MYBT were at polar opposites to the physical landlines for a good few months and each time I wanted it fixed they would both move in opposite directions. But that was sorted out many months ago. But clearly something in the background (openreach database) is not right. The email about stopping my broadband triggered because the other chap did cancel it and only retained a phone line but of course I got the emails addressed to me and to my account. I am told a background fix should occur and that I won't suddenly lose my broadband at some point today. Although I have a horrible feeling MYBT will be inaccurate and not display broadband under my product list. I remain on tenterhooks until tomorrow but it's pretty dissapointing.
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 38

Exactly as predicted! Whilst my broadband remains on thankfully. MYBT (BT ID) is wrong and shows I have no broadband package anymore. This is ridiculous, I moved in December 2014 and this is still an issue. I don't want to be entwined with this other guys account forever. It's farcical!
0 Ratings
Scottyboy99
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 38

Please could the moderators follow up on this. I have sent RobbieMac a PM as he had briefly liaised with me. A call this morning would be appreciated and is not an unfair expectation given the time this issue has existed. I need a resolution on this long standing problem of over 20 months

Thanks
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 38

The moderators cannot deal via PM, only via the "contact the mods" form.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings