cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
didi
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Email account

For some reason today I am getting an error message sayiing the password or user name is incorrect for my BT email account, except it's not , I am putting in the right user name and the password I have been using for some tie. I thought maybe  I was somehow typing in the password wrongly, but despite being very careful still got the same message so I went to the reset password and put in all my information and got an error message telling me the information was on orrectbitit isnt I am stumped now as to what to do next any suggestions

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Email account

Don't do anything. Leave it and it will sort itself out. This is a common problem with BT Yahoo.

0 Ratings
junec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I have the same problem since around 7 pm this evening, from reading past posts this seems an ongoing problem
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

As gg advised this usually sorts itself out. Try logging in to your BT Yahoo! webmail though as that sometimes puts it right straight away.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
junec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

tried it twice still tells me my login failed because of wrong password or username
any other help
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

As I previously said I would leave it alone. It usualy sorts its self out within 24hrs. I think it is a Yahoo server fault. As pottyperson said loging in via Yahoo webmail can sometimes speed it up. I presume you can log in via webmail?
0 Ratings
junec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

No I tried login into Yahoo to see if it would fix it, but it gives me the same thing, I will leave it till tomorrow and then will have to contact BT luckily I use googlemail for all my main emails
0 Ratings
junec
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Logged in this evening fine, so thanks for the advice to see if it fixes itself
June
0 Ratings