cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Email again

Hi, I finally left BT as an ISP after having been with them for years becuase of the price hike, only to find that the company I went to "Plusnet" has been bought by, guess who, - BT. I hope they can learn something from them. I have stayed with BT for my email service, just because I have the email address and don't want to lose it. In the last few days I have been unable to access my email from Outlook. This has happened many times to me over the years, and eventually it gets resolved. But really what is the problem with BT that it can't provide a seamless service. I have seen many posts on the community from people who have had the same problem, and yet it keeps recurring. WHY BT WHY !!!  

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Devon_Dave
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email again

If you had an email address supplied by BT if you are no longer a customer of theirs you will loose the address. You can however pay to keep the email address.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
nickf99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email again

Hi Dave, 

I already did this but thanks anyway - it might help someone else. My problem is not maintaining the email address, but the fact that over the years this irritating problem recurs quite frequently, 'tho less so now that BT have stopped trying to migrate Yahoo mail accounts to BTMail. The response from BT is always, "we do not support MS Outlook or any MS products - the fault must be with Outlook". But miraculously without MS or anyone else doind anything to solve the problem it always, thankfully, rights itself after time. I can only assume that BT drom time to time do womething to their setup with Yahoo mail that causes this to occur, but have to admit, I could be wrong.

0 Ratings