Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abdul201588
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Email being blocked and marked as spam?

Hello everyone.

Currently I'm hosting my own website and Email server at home (not the best idea) Soon I'll be moving them into a datacenter for co-locatiion as I am having issues after issues with my Email server. My IP address is blocked and blacklisted. My email server was working fine until all my domain emails started to end in people's spam folder/junk folder. I had a startup business and now I've decided to close it until further notice. After all, my customers recieving all my email in their spam/junk folder. I did not want to tell every customer to check their spam/junk folder everytime I sent an email to them. 

I'm not the account holder at the house, my father is the account holder. What can I do?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email being blocked and marked as spam?

@Abdul201588 wrote:

Hello everyone.

Currently I'm hosting my own website and Email server at home (not the best idea) Soon I'll be moving them into a datacenter for co-locatiion as I am having issues after issues with my Email server. My IP address is blocked and blacklisted. My email server was working fine until all my domain emails started to end in people's spam folder/junk folder. I had a startup business and now I've decided to close it until further notice. After all, my customers recieving all my email in their spam/junk folder. I did not want to tell every customer to check their spam/junk folder everytime I sent an email to them. 

I'm not the account holder at the house, my father is the account holder. What can I do?

Hi.

How are you sending those emails? Is it via a specific domain host or direct from your connection?

All ISP dynamic IP addresses will be on one or more block/blacklist by default, so it's not specifically your IP address.

Were all of your customers receiving your emails seeing them as spam?

(I'm not sure you're supposed to use a residential line as a business website host/email server)

0 Ratings
Abdul201588
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hello Andy

How are you sending those emails? Is it via a specific domain host or direct from your connection?

I'm running an Exchange Server at home and also have a Domain Controller.  

All ISP dynamic IP addresses will be on one or more block/blacklist by default, so it's not specifically your IP address.

I firgured that. 

Were all of your customers receiving your emails seeing them as spam?

Yes. Every email

(I'm not sure you're supposed to use a residential line as a business website host/email server)

Well. I've moved and I'm using Google G Suite for my emails and website

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@Abdul201588 wrote:

Hello Andy

I'm running an Exchange Server at home and also have a Domain Controller.  

I suspect that the above is the issue. I would expect that the receiving end user accounts are effectively seeing the IP address of your connection in the headers of the emails and being the "sender".

On a residential account you should either be using the ISP smarthost (mail.btinternet.com - with a btinternet email address to do the authentication), or using a proper domain host.
Hopefully if someone else has managed to successfully do a similar thing to yourself, then they may reply.

0 Ratings