Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Email blacklist?

Hello

I use the senmail feature of my web host and that has to go to an emial address hosted by them. That works fine. That email address then has two forwards, both to BT email addresses. Up tp 9.20 PM UK time last night, all was working fine. After that time all forwarding to BT email addresses stopped.

At first I thought the problem was with my web hosts so I opened a supprt ticket with them, they checked the system and it was all working as it should their end so, I added another forwarder to a non BT email address and the ail forwarded to that address perfect.

On further inspection it appears that BT have decided to blacklist that email address for no reason what so ever, can someone please advise me as this is being used for a LIVE radio station and is causing me a small headache. thank you. Obviously I wont put the email addresses concerned here as it would open it to spam.

If you can't beat them, firkhamhall.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Email blacklist?

Okay so, I have been in touch with my hosts again and they say that:

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its
recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

******@btinternet.com

SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:
host mx.bt.lon5.cpcloud.co.uk [65.20.0.49]: 522 IP REPUTATION BAD (please check for IP address listing on reputation services)

------ This is a copy of the message, including all the headers. ------

This IP address and or host details is nothing to do with them so why is this cpcloud server handling the email address from my hosts direct to you? I have no control of where the mail goes so how to I stop this?

Anyone from support help?

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 3 of 7

I dont have the answer but if it says IP bad you can check it out on websites like -whats my IP and  shows roughly where you live and more to the point can show you if its been blacklisted and by whom . I have 3  or 4 I knew nothing about out of many that are blacklisted--spam etc so somebody is/was using it for that . Shows the full list. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Duncan10 but it's nothing to do with where I live it's that IP address that is blacklisted I just don't see why my web site mail is being handled by that cloud server then, it transpires that, that server actually belongs to BT and it's BT who have blacklistged their own server so noghting routes through it and it's been like that since 2011 so God knows how much mail is being lost to BT customers by BT but, they themselves can't find it and deny it's theres even though the tracerroute says it is....... Brick wall mate, brick wall.

I have found a work round so it's not bothering me now lol

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

cp cloud is The New BT Mail service provided by Critical Path that is replacing Yahoo by the end of this year new customers are being put there now all other BT customers are due to be moved to the new service towards the end of this year
0 Ratings
firkhamhall
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Time to bail out then if they can't even allowe their server to send to anothe server that they own...... Virgin are offering good deals lol

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 7 of 7

@firkhamhall wrote:

Time to bail out then if they can't even allowe their server to send to anothe server that they own...... Virgin are offering good deals lol

You are misunderstanding the error message. 65.20.0.49 is the BT receiving server and rejecting the email because of the sending server IP address, which belongs to your web host and the IP address is not in the error message. You need to find out your web host's sending server IP address and look it up on the blacklists.

Oliver.
0 Ratings