Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

Email changes to BTYahoo

Go to solution

I'm a newbe on here so please go gently.

I have been using Microsoft email forwarding for my bt emails with the old btinternet.co.uk address.

Since changing to BT Yahoo email program it uses the .com  address.

How to I get my btinternet.co.uk (same adress up to .com) to come into my new .com address please.  I thought it would happen automatically with the same name etc.

Hope thats clear.

Thanks

Graham

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 12

Re: Email changes to BTYahoo

Go to solution

@GrahamPE wrote:

I'm a newbe on here so please go gently.

I have been using Microsoft email forwarding for my bt emails with the old btinternet.co.uk address.

Since changing to BT Yahoo email program it uses the .com  address.

How to I get my btinternet.co.uk (same adress up to .com) to come into my new .com address please.  I thought it would happen automatically with the same name etc.

Hope thats clear.

Thanks

Graham

Hi Graham. Welcome to the forums.

I thought that the .co.uk version of email addresses ceased about 10 years ago! AFAIK back then it used a virtual addressing system allowing such as anything AT username dot btinternet.co.uk

The only btinternet.co.uk left being the virtual webspace naming system.

To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what you're asking ...

0 Ratings
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Andy. Thank for the prompt reply.

TBH its a pal of mine who is not at all savvy (im not bad) I am trying to bring him uptodate........

He is a Bt customer and has been using bt etc.co.uk  and collecting his mail through microsoft system through forwarding. It works fine and he uses it but cant send much file size pics etc. out.

I suggested he changed to btyahoo webmail. Logged him in and he started to recieve the check info I sent to him ok and sends out etc ok.

However he now tells me that emails to his co.uk address (same name) dont come through. Tested he is correct.  I thought the co.uk ones would auto go to com.

So basically how can I get his name@btinternet.co.uk go into his name@btinternet.com mailbox. they must be out there? he can still access through microsoft.

I guess I could go through and alert all his Customers through ms of his new address?

As an aside I can follow how to import contacts from MS into his BTYAHOO  new address but how on earth can I import the btinternet.co.uk contacts?

Hope clearer.

thanks

Graham

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

@GrahamPE wrote:

Hi Andy. Thank for the prompt reply.

TBH its a pal of mine who is not at all savvy (im not bad) I am trying to bring him uptodate........

He is a Bt customer and has been using bt etc.co.uk  and collecting his mail through microsoft system through forwarding. It works fine and he uses it but cant send much file size pics etc. out.

I suggested he changed to btyahoo webmail. Logged him in and he started to recieve the check info I sent to him ok and sends out etc ok.

However he now tells me that emails to his co.uk address (same name) dont come through. Tested he is correct.  I thought the co.uk ones would auto go to com.

So basically how can I get his name@btinternet.co.uk go into his name@btinternet.com mailbox. they must be out there? he can still access through microsoft.

I guess I could go through and alert all his Customers through ms of his new address?

As an aside I can follow how to import contacts from MS into his BTYAHOO  new address but how on earth can I import the btinternet.co.uk contacts?

Hope clearer.

thanks

Graham

Hi again Graham.

@What is the Microsoft system being used ? What is the format of his @btinternet.co.uk email address ? I ask this, because emails @btinternet.co.uk don't actually exist, and I believe never have - however for the other format I mentioned I'm not sure at this moment. I've tested and not received an email or a bounce message. I'm remembering more now that I think emails sent to these .co.uk formatted addresses didn't actually fail, but go nowhere.

As I said, the format I've given was removed as an option many many years ago, hence my surprise that someone may have still been using it - or perhaps it may seem that he is ?

0 Ratings
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Andy. Thanks Again

He has been forwarding/downloading from Outlook his bt.internet.co.uk mail. 

Initially from Bt my own mail was tagged btinternet.co.uk  but changed when I went to webmail a few years back.  so def did exist.

Just spoke again to him. Now saying he is not getting any btinternet.co.uk from this morning?????

Is there a way of getting anything sent to btinternet.co.uk to btinternet.com directly?

Hope clear.  I tired Bt Tech but 2 times got India and very difficult to understand and passed to supervisor who's english was............... 

Thanks

Graham

0 Ratings
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution
0 Ratings
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Sorry. less haste etc. rw.50@btinternet.co.uk

mail sent there is not bouncing back BTW

New Add same except .com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

@GrahamPE wrote:

Hi Andy. Thanks Again

He has been forwarding/downloading from Outlook his bt.internet.co.uk mail. 

Initially from Bt my own mail was tagged btinternet.co.uk  but changed when I went to webmail a few years back.  so def did exist.

Just spoke again to him. Now saying he is not getting any btinternet.co.uk from this morning?????

Is there a way of getting anything sent to btinternet.co.uk to btinternet.com directly?

Hope clear.  I tired Bt Tech but 2 times got India and very difficult to understand and passed to supervisor who's english was............... 

Thanks

Graham

Can you email me via my shortcuts (link below) giving me the email address in question.

@AS I said, @btinternet.co.uk doesn't exist, and can be proved in a number of ways - for example sending an email to yourself and using @btinternet.co.uk rather than @btinternet.com

@Again - I'm really surprised to hear that @btinternet.co.uk was being used, as it was in the format as I said earlier. Webmail wouldn't have actually had this format anyway, as it was always a "virtual" system - so nothing really had changed.

0 Ratings
GrahamPE
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Hi Andy. Really appreciate your advice.

I tried emailing myself this morning. and correct didn't work.

I will contact you as suggested.  Im off to work now so in the morning hopefully you'll be around.

Just looked back at mail from him to me in past year...came as com????? BUT I assure you he downloaded into outlook messages from co.uk last week????  I watched.>

I will be on his system tomorrow

Thank you very much.

Graham

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

@GrahamPE wrote:

Hi Andy. Really appreciate your advice.

I tried emailing myself this morning. and correct didn't work.

I will contact you as suggested.  Im off to work now so in the morning hopefully you'll be around.

Just looked back at mail from him to me in past year...came as com????? BUT I assure you he downloaded into outlook messages from co.uk last week????  I watched.>

I will be on his system tomorrow

Thank you very much.

Graham

No problems. We'll get to the bottom of it.

I'll be around from about 5.30pm tomorrow evening

0 Ratings