Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinRowe57
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Email client connects to BT server but does not download messages

Go to solution

Windows 8.1 and latest version of Thunderbird. When I run Thunderbird it connects to the server, logs on, and begins to check for new messages. At this point it stops - none of the new messages are downloaded to my laptop. However, messages in my outbox get sent (and arrive at their destination). This is happening with both main and sub account emails. My wfe has a Samsung Galaxy phone and has the same problem with her emails, so I think it isn't related to Thunderbird - the problem must be with the BT servers? Does anyone agree?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MartinRowe57
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Email client connects to BT server but does not download messages

Go to solution

Problem solved on all machines. Despite not having received any emails for 18 hours, just after posting my initial message all emails started coming through to all accounts and sub accounts on all machines. I assume BT fixed the problem on their servers.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Email client connects to BT server but does not download messages

Go to solution

@MartinRowe57 wrote:

Problem solved on all machines. Despite not having received any emails for 18 hours, just after posting my initial message all emails started coming through to all accounts and sub accounts on all machines. I assume BT fixed the problem on their servers.

It took a very long time to open BT Mail this morning, after logging in - a matter of several minutes. Perhaps there was a server problem.

However Microsoft Outlook 2013, set as a pop3 account, responded as normal.

(I do an occasional login to BT Mail to check the spam folder, as pop3 doesn't see the BT Mail spam folder).

0 Ratings